Black Spirituality Religion : So many religions in the world...then why...

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Why are there so many "bad" things happening that are destroying people and our planet?

I don't know how to have this conversation, but this thought keeps coming to me. With so many religions in the world, and billions of people engaged in their practices, why is there so much suffering? I've read that the main thing that most religions have in common is a set of ethical beliefs; not that they share the same ethics, but they all have some set of ethics that are mandated by supernatural forces.

Is there a sense of community common among people who practice religions, particularly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam? And can these ethics or sense of community be defined, basically, as "good"? Where is the kindness, the love, the generosity, the caring and compassion? I'm not religious but I find those things important, but others may not. Do all religions preach love, kindness and service to our community? Are they elements that we are expected to spread broadly beyond the borders of our individual communities or keep it confined to only those within our communities/

I'm being naive, I'm sure, but I believed that if there should be a strong sense of community that permeates throughout the world, guided by the basic principles of what religions, I thought, have in common. With so many people believing and practicing these religions, why isn't the world filled with people who are kinder and gentler toward each other? Churches, synagogues, and temples are filled to capacity, if not beyond, on the "holy" days and so much money passes through the hands of the believers to their religious leaders...then why does poverty still exist? Why do murders still happen? Why are the 99% still struggling, fighting and dying just to live a decent life--breathe fresh air, drink unpolluted water, eat healthy foods--you know, all the basics that we need to live. Why is there so much anger and hatred among us? Is it true that it's in our DNA to destroy ourselves?

With so many religions in the world today, who is really benefiting from them? Why so much posturing and ritual practicing? Why isn't love and voluntary service to others out of the "goodness" of core being, the overwhelming evidence that we witness and thankfully receive?

Why are so many people drawn to religion?

Why is there so much anger and hatred among us? Is it true that it's in our DNA to destroy ourselves?

With so many religions in the world today, who is really benefiting from them? Why so much posturing and ritual practicing? Why isn't love and voluntary service to others out of the "goodness" of core being, the overwhelming evidence that we witness and thankfully receive?

Why are so many people drawn to religion?

It is not in our DNA. DNA is the physical part of man. It is in our spirit which is the spiritual part of man. There is good such as kindness, giving, sharing, selflessness, mercy, compassion, etc in our spirit. But there is also hate, greed, selfishness, lying, cheating, murder, etc in our spirit as well. It is our spirit that makes us who we are. So we do good and we do evil. And the world reflects us. There is good and evil in the world. To have a perfect world, man's spirit must become perfect. In order for man to become perfect, the God he worships must also be perfect. Man cannot make himself perfect without knowing God. In order for man to become perfect, man must know God's spirit and allow God's spirit to become a part of his spirit. Then a spiritual change begins to take place in man.

People are drawn to religion because they have a spiritual void. Religion is basically a man interpreted doctrine of God and his relationship with us. They are looking for love. And the church in particular should be the place to find it more than any other of the places of worship of other religions, because that is what Christ preached and practiced above all else. But even his (Christ) followers aren't perfect. They do wrong. However, it is not doing wrong that is the problem, it is accepting doing wrong. No person with God's spirit can knowingly accept doing wrong.

People should have and establish a personal relationship with God. They have to know God and the Spirit of God and allow God's spirit to become a part of them (their spirit). In other words, they should seek God first and not religion.

Religion is basically a man interpreted doctrine of God and his relationship with us.

Wow! This is so on point!
However, it is not doing wrong that is the problem, it is accepting doing wrong.

So true!!!

No person with God's spirit can knowingly accept doing wrong.

People should have and establish a personal relationship with God. They have to know God and the Spirit of God and allow God's spirit to become a part of them (their spirit). In other words, they should seek God first and not religion.

This is so awesome!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back