Black Spirituality Religion : So many religions in the world...then why...

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Why are there so many "bad" things happening that are destroying people and our planet?

I don't know how to have this conversation, but this thought keeps coming to me. With so many religions in the world, and billions of people engaged in their practices, why is there so much suffering? I've read that the main thing that most religions have in common is a set of ethical beliefs; not that they share the same ethics, but they all have some set of ethics that are mandated by supernatural forces.

Is there a sense of community common among people who practice religions, particularly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam? And can these ethics or sense of community be defined, basically, as "good"? Where is the kindness, the love, the generosity, the caring and compassion? I'm not religious but I find those things important, but others may not. Do all religions preach love, kindness and service to our community? Are they elements that we are expected to spread broadly beyond the borders of our individual communities or keep it confined to only those within our communities/

I'm being naive, I'm sure, but I believed that if there should be a strong sense of community that permeates throughout the world, guided by the basic principles of what religions, I thought, have in common. With so many people believing and practicing these religions, why isn't the world filled with people who are kinder and gentler toward each other? Churches, synagogues, and temples are filled to capacity, if not beyond, on the "holy" days and so much money passes through the hands of the believers to their religious leaders...then why does poverty still exist? Why do murders still happen? Why are the 99% still struggling, fighting and dying just to live a decent life--breathe fresh air, drink unpolluted water, eat healthy foods--you know, all the basics that we need to live. Why is there so much anger and hatred among us? Is it true that it's in our DNA to destroy ourselves?

With so many religions in the world today, who is really benefiting from them? Why so much posturing and ritual practicing? Why isn't love and voluntary service to others out of the "goodness" of core being, the overwhelming evidence that we witness and thankfully receive?

Why are so many people drawn to religion?

Fireman

May 19, 2017
Why is there so much anger and hatred among us? Is it true that it's in our DNA to destroy ourselves?

With so many religions in the world today, who is really benefiting from them? Why so much posturing and ritual practicing? Why isn't love and voluntary service to others out of the "goodness" of core being, the overwhelming evidence that we witness and thankfully receive?

Why are so many people drawn to religion?
It is not in our DNA. DNA is the physical part of man. It is in our spirit which is the spiritual part of man. There is good such as kindness, giving, sharing, selflessness, mercy, compassion, etc in our spirit. But there is also hate, greed, selfishness, lying, cheating, murder, etc in our spirit as well. It is our spirit that makes us who we are. So we do good and we do evil. And the world reflects us. There is good and evil in the world. To have a perfect world, man's spirit must become perfect. In order for man to become perfect, the God he worships must also be perfect. Man cannot make himself perfect without knowing God. In order for man to become perfect, man must know God's spirit and allow God's spirit to become a part of his spirit. Then a spiritual change begins to take place in man.

People are drawn to religion because they have a spiritual void. Religion is basically a man interpreted doctrine of God and his relationship with us. They are looking for love. And the church in particular should be the place to find it more than any other of the places of worship of other religions, because that is what Christ preached and practiced above all else. But even his (Christ) followers aren't perfect. They do wrong. However, it is not doing wrong that is the problem, it is accepting doing wrong. No person with God's spirit can knowingly accept doing wrong.

People should have and establish a personal relationship with God. They have to know God and the Spirit of God and allow God's spirit to become a part of them (their spirit). In other words, they should seek God first and not religion.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Religion is basically a man interpreted doctrine of God and his relationship with us.
Wow! This is so on point!
However, it is not doing wrong that is the problem, it is accepting doing wrong.
So true!!!

No person with God's spirit can knowingly accept doing wrong.

People should have and establish a personal relationship with God. They have to know God and the Spirit of God and allow God's spirit to become a part of them (their spirit). In other words, they should seek God first and not religion.
This is so awesome!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Too Many Hands In The Reparation Pot Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : How Many Generations are We in America ( at least 4 or 5 ) - The 14th Amendment is less than 152 years Old.. So the Struggle Must Continue Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : Being hot from the hood is not good in any manner a plenty bandannas are worn by many car parked at the club but got a bad spark plug and my heart l Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black People : Many Stores and Business.. Will Not have coins to give you back as change Black People Open Forum 0
G Science and Technology : Many Trucks Have Just Come Here With Mosquito Larvae For Test Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : many times a plenty rhmesdon't hit the mark and onlinehe git to start over, go to schoolsit on a low stool at the bar coolorder a small meal and i Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump's prayer breakfast jibes jolt many faith leaders Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
R Black Poetry : Often and many times soften minds with plenty rhymes he do amaze with a new craze make a crew praise grip minds when he sip wine look on the divine we Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Many dermatologists need more training on African American skin and hair Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : Ill with this and still exist with many chapters for a plenty rappers I see jive that be alive have to duck my head or get struck by lead playing cowb Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Ndugu Black People : Too many Obvious Reasons to Vote; Tomorrow! Black People Open Forum 2
Sawyerloggingon Black People Politics : Why do so many blacks vote Democrat Black People Politics 59
R Black Poetry : Write plenty quotes for many folks in hopes that this abolish battles and polish saddles to gallop i Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MANY PROTIEN POWDERS ARE UNHEALTHY Black Health and Wellness 2
HODEE Black People : How many of you remember growing up and folks used to say. The police took him in the paddy wagon? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A founder of Black Lives Matter answers a question on many minds: Where did it go? African American History Culture 4
1poetsought Black Poetry : A Many faceted Jewel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : many scholars have insisted that the bible is entirely Egyptian AACOOLDRE 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : You May Not Know Epsom Salt Can Ease Your Life In So Many Ways Black Health and Wellness 2
Al D Black People : One Adam and Eve or many others Black People Open Forum 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Legislator Calls Abortion “African-American Genocide” Because So Many Black Babies are Aborted Black People Politics 123
bearwarrior Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 84
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Susan Rice: Too Many Whites On National Security Team Putting America At Risk Black People Politics 0
S Black People : many black people love one another Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : White women are dying faster, and there are many reasons why Black People Open Forum 22
Liberty Black People Politics : Black Exodus: Why Are So Many African-Americans Leaving The RNC? Black People Politics 5
Liberty Black Entertainment : Does Hollywood Make Too Many Movies About Slavery? Black Entertainment 16
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : New Report Links Fibroids, Respiratory Illnesses To Toxic Chemicals In Many Black Hair Products Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : America has locked up so many black people it has warped our sense of reality Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
africanarise Black People : How many Black people are in the UK? Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : Pope-Francis-Many-powerful-people-don-t-want-peace-because-they-live-off-war Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Minnesota exposes one troubling reason America locks up so many black people Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr The Police : In Many Countries, Police Rarely Use Their Guns. Here’s Why Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
T Black People : Over 100 People Were Killed by Police in March. How Many More Will It Take? Black People Open Forum 14
frankster Black Spirituality Religion : Are there Many Gods or One God with many Names? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Kemetstry Black People : MANY SOUTHERN WHITES HAVE BLACK BLOOD Black People Open Forum 78
R Black Poetry : Yo I itch for cake which states I’m clever at many a party but if ever Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
HODEE Black Poetry : So Much.. So Many Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : there are TOO many people in new york city.... Black People Open Forum 102
KingSango Black Spirituality Religion : So many lies, but this one is true! - Jesus Never Existed Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 44
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Good places on the web to learn many things, free. Black Education / Schools 4
crwn Black People : Three Of The Many People Who Betrayed The Afrikans Global Revolution. Black People Open Forum 3
RAPTOR African American History Culture : Dr. Leonard Jeffries on Skip Gates, "The African-Americans: Many Rivers To Cross" African American History Culture 0
HODEE Black Poetry : The suffering of one should be the concern of many Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
CosmicMessenger Black People : I Have Known Many Great Black Men In My Life Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Black People : If they tapped Merkel's phone, they cant coverup how many African prez phones were tapped Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : How Many People Have You Run Away From Destee.com ? Black People Open Forum 48
1poetsought Quiet Poetry Lounge : Sound of Many Waters Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 50 Years After March on Washington Many Americans Are Still Falling Behind: Urban League President Black People Politics 18
Alarm Clock Black People : Lee Daniels at an HIV center; "So many Black woman, I thought I walked into a welfare office" Black People Open Forum 84