Black People : So it's OK for non-blacks to say N***a now?

c-note said:
I was grocery shopping recently. A white or perhaps hispanic looking girl loudly greeted a white or hispanic boy with "My n***a, whas up". My head spun around so quick Linda Blair would have been proud. I glared at her, then told her how racist and offensive that word is. She sheepishly said she didn't mean anything by it.

The fact that she thought nothing about saying the word out loud ticked me off even more. Why have we turned such a vile term for us into a term of endearment? And worse, why have we let non-blacks do the same?

Yes I see it all the time half the problem is that hip hop gangstaz have this habit of telling people its okay and these ignorant non black fools take these gansta rappaz word as representing all black views even though it doesn't even represent every N word using black rappers view let alone every black persons view. (not all gangsta rappaz say it is okay for the other kinds to say rhe n word but a lot of them do).

Another part of the problem is the excuses a lot of hip hop folk use when defending why they use the word.

They say things like they have deracialized the word they claim they have done the same to the N word that was done to b*stard and made it into a different word removed from is original meaning.

They also try and claim that simply mispelling it and mis pronoucing it N*gga instead of N*gger makes it a different word with different meanings.

Trouble with these white yellows and browns is they often see the likes of Busta rymes as representing the whole black community.

check any of these non blacks thinking they can use the word without it being considered offensive you will find they are almost certainly followers of hip hop..
Funny thing is Eminem seems to know that word is a no go area for him, guess he is maybe surrounded by enough of those rappers who still have enough sense left to tell him it sure isn't okay for non blacks to say.

As for blacks saying it I guess I am more ambivelient but the fact it seems to encourage non blacks into thinking its okay for them to use it seems enough by itself to make one think it should be a word never said by anyone.

Anyone seen that Ali G movie I was unlucky enough to catch about five minutes of it once, and that whole five minutes was taken up with a bunch of white guys saying whazzup my n*gga to each other

I definetly am against it.

But sometimes I see my people...and sometimes I want to cry. But other times I see them, and I think...

Dem some real n*ggas, messing it up for the rest of us.

Sometimes when I'm angry I can't help but feel that some of our worst really are n*ggas. We can't always blame the system.

That word needs to die, right along with the people that fit the [modern] description.

Oh, and big up brother C-note, for letting them know where it's at. Thanks for taking a stand against ingorance.

One.

~Ikoro

Frankly..:argue:
I think i would have knocked her upside the heads then called the cops myself:donttell: .. and pressed charges against her for assult...slander.. and whatever else i can think of.
I dont think this word is ok for anyone to say..
i think it should be removed from the dictionary..
as not an officially regonized word.

c-note said:
I was grocery shopping recently. A white or perhaps hispanic looking girl loudly greeted a white or hispanic boy with "My n***a, whas up". My head spun around so quick Linda Blair would have been proud. I glared at her, then told her how racist and offensive that word is. She sheepishly said she didn't mean anything by it.

The fact that she thought nothing about saying the word out loud ticked me off even more. Why have we turned such a vile term for us into a term of endearment? And worse, why have we let non-blacks do the same?

No it's not ok.

Seriously, I think the non-Blacks who use the term are trying to be 'hip'. I;m also convinced that when a Black person says n*gga, they hardly think of the word ni@@er.

If a non-Black harbored THAT much resentment towards Blacks, I don't think they would waste their time saying n*gga just to pi$$ us off...They are programmed just like the Blacks who use the term.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back