Black People : So it's OK for non-blacks to say N***a now?

c-note

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 11, 2006
SF, the city by the bay
I was grocery shopping recently. A white or perhaps hispanic looking girl loudly greeted a white or hispanic boy with "My n***a, whas up". My head spun around so quick Linda Blair would have been proud. I glared at her, then told her how racist and offensive that word is. She sheepishly said she didn't mean anything by it.

The fact that she thought nothing about saying the word out loud ticked me off even more. Why have we turned such a vile term for us into a term of endearment? And worse, why have we let non-blacks do the same?

I believe once we as people learn to abandon the word from our own
vocabulary and define that it hold no value to our exsitance as black people
and note it was a lable of the massa to define us and call us then we can
work in the direction to prove it holds no weight or endearment ..

Our people have embraced the term and twisted into a brothering word of Hello
that other race / creed and cultures use it not only against us but as a loyal tool
it's not ok nor have it ever been ok because it's still used the same way to degrade
demean us , first step is for us to stop using this word before we can speak outside
our own hub.

c-note said:
I was grocery shopping recently. A white or perhaps hispanic looking girl loudly greeted a white or hispanic boy with "My n***a, whas up". My head spun around so quick Linda Blair would have been proud. I glared at her, then told her how racist and offensive that word is. She sheepishly said she didn't mean anything by it.

The fact that she thought nothing about saying the word out loud ticked me off even more. Why have we turned such a vile term for us into a term of endearment? And worse, why have we let non-blacks do the same?

:uhh: :donttell: Because we have so cavelierly popularized that slave word in the media, courts have ruled, it's ok for others to use it.

We need to clean up our own act on this :argue:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back