Black Entertainment : So I just watched "Dear White People"

Let's see...
The heroine is a mulatto woman who is a film student which finds herself over accentuating her black heritage and not being true to herself... which is half white... denouncing her white father until he was ill in the hospital and seeing that this man was there for her... on campus she dated the dean's son, who left her for a white girl, the eligible black guy on campus which wanted her to be a revolutionary for the cause, or the white guy which wanted her to be herself

Then we have the dean's son, who was schooled for greatness by her father. He was nothing more than a puppet for his father, dating the President's white daughter, the head of the black dormitory. In his private self, he smoked weed in the bathroom and written jokes, he watches star trek... In his attempt to break with his father's dreams for himself, he dumped the white girl and tried out for some idiotic group which had popularity, because he was reminded by the white girl's brother, the head of the group, that he has been dancing to his father's tune the entire time.

Then the gay black dude, who faced negative attitudes for his sexuality in high school by his own kind, so he sought to remove himself from them... only to be ridiculed by the President's son. After landing in the dorm with the other blacks, and they telling him that not all are homophobic and do share in the same interests as he, that he felt less awkward. He was a budding journalist, who was used in an attempt to infiltrate the black dorms and see what their leader, the mulatto was about... but in the process since the whites didn't view him under the lens of a black threat, started to see how they saw him and blacks in general. This character was the one to alert the minorities of the party, he was also the one to start the break up of the party, and since he had the inability to fight, he sought to embarrass his tormentor by kissing him in front of the student body

Then there is the black girl which wanted to gain the white lifestyle, so from her beginnings in the slums of Chicago, she changed her name, changed her look, sought outside her race, and was in competition for tube views with the mulatto chick because she wanted to be famous... not talented famous, reality television famous. In order to create a spectacle, she threw the party which was later shut down, and in her words 'these people don't give a frack about Harriet fracking Tubman... they wanted to be black for one night.... not protesting a Halloween party....' all the while wearing a blonde wig and witnessing the white girls mimic tube blog...

Then we had the militant guy... he was the type which understood what was wrong, wanted to change what was wrong, but didn't have the charisma to get it done, so first he used the mulatto chick since she had a video show and later was fraudulently the head of the black dorm... he had issues with the dean's son... not only for having his love interest first, but also dating the white chick... but after the party, when the dean's son came out clean and head for student body president... understood the politics and went with him.

Its not that the movie was bad... it simply didn't give what it advertised from its clips... it was more of a self awareness movie to 'stop faking the funk' rather than 'point the finger at the bad guy'
I could actually say I've seen worse...

Let's see...
The heroine is a mulatto woman who is a film student which finds herself over accentuating her black heritage and not being true to herself... which is half white... denouncing her white father until he was ill in the hospital and seeing that this man was there for her... on campus she dated the dean's son, who left her for a white girl, the eligible black guy on campus which wanted her to be a revolutionary for the cause, or the white guy which wanted her to be herself

Then we have the dean's son, who was schooled for greatness by her father. He was nothing more than a puppet for his father, dating the President's white daughter, the head of the black dormitory. In his private self, he smoked weed in the bathroom and written jokes, he watches star trek... In his attempt to break with his father's dreams for himself, he dumped the white girl and tried out for some idiotic group which had popularity, because he was reminded by the white girl's brother, the head of the group, that he has been dancing to his father's tune the entire time.

Then the gay black dude, who faced negative attitudes for his sexuality in high school by his own kind, so he sought to remove himself from them... only to be ridiculed by the President's son. After landing in the dorm with the other blacks, and they telling him that not all are homophobic and do share in the same interests as he, that he felt less awkward. He was a budding journalist, who was used in an attempt to infiltrate the black dorms and see what their leader, the mulatto was about... but in the process since the whites didn't view him under the lens of a black threat, started to see how they saw him and blacks in general. This character was the one to alert the minorities of the party, he was also the one to start the break up of the party, and since he had the inability to fight, he sought to embarrass his tormentor by kissing him in front of the student body

Then there is the black girl which wanted to gain the white lifestyle, so from her beginnings in the slums of Chicago, she changed her name, changed her look, sought outside her race, and was in competition for tube views with the mulatto chick because she wanted to be famous... not talented famous, reality television famous. In order to create a spectacle, she threw the party which was later shut down, and in her words 'these people don't give a frack about Harriet fracking Tubman... they wanted to be black for one night.... not protesting a Halloween party....' all the while wearing a blonde wig and witnessing the white girls mimic tube blog...

Then we had the militant guy... he was the type which understood what was wrong, wanted to change what was wrong, but didn't have the charisma to get it done, so first he used the mulatto chick since she had a video show and later was fraudulently the head of the black dorm... he had issues with the dean's son... not only for having his love interest first, but also dating the white chick... but after the party, when the dean's son came out clean and head for student body president... understood the politics and went with him.

Its not that the movie was bad... it simply didn't give what it advertised from its clips... it was more of a self awareness movie to 'stop faking the funk' rather than 'point the finger at the bad guy'
I could actually say I've seen worse...
If only you wrote this before I wasted my money.

If only you wrote this before I wasted my money.

lol...

The thing is to view the pirated versions first since they are free, and if the movie is good, THEN spend your money on it. The only reason why I even went to see Selma was someone offered to pay for the ticket... because the theater lie when they say that you can get a refund if you are not satisfied with the film.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back