Black Entertainment : So I just watched "Dear White People"

ru2religious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2008
And I really disliked its message.

The very black woman who was supposed to be fighting for the rights of black people on college campus was messing with a white guy the whole time while hiding it from those who followed her movement. One of the guys who was following her was in love with her but she was stuck on that white boy.

Then we had another black woman who showed strong disdain for black people and even the movement of black people having equality. She teamed up with the white folks and when the white folks threw a black party with black faces, fake guns and so forth she got perturb but it was her comment that kind of got under my skin. She said "white people buy big lips, buts, breast and other things including tanning so let them have their one night to be white".

She couldn't admit that she was disturb at the way that they handled that party while knowing they were making fun of her ethnic makeup.

Then we had the sell-out brotha who was dating a white woman in the beginning frowning down on his own people. The black guy ended up getting with a sista but even to that end he got with the one that had problems with her own (by the way she seems to have came back around at the end of the movie). She at the end had to put him in check - though it was the black mans father who was pushing so hard for him to inter-grade within the white populaces.

Dear white people wasn't what it was choked up to be. The black girl who was secretly sleeping with a white boy hosted a radio show which she would say comments like "dear white people, white do you put your fingers through our hair" and so forth ... but this move had absolutely nothing real to do with the real struggle.

Then our other brotha was a gay boy who was getting the breaks beat off of him and the only way to win his fight was kiss the white boy in the mouth. Common now.

I must say that I'm disappointed because there was more selling out than there was buying in. When are we going to get it right? Even in modern films where we should have more voice our voice is still being drowned out. Disappointing!!!!

The very black woman who was supposed to be fighting for the rights of black people on college campus was messing with a white guy the whole time while hiding it from those who followed her movement. One of the guys who was following her was in love with her but she was stuck on that white boy.

Then we had another black woman who showed strong disdain for black people and even the movement of black people having equality. She teamed up with the white folks and when the white folks threw a black party with black faces, fake guns and so forth she got perturb but it was her comment that kind of got under my skin. She said "white people buy big lips, buts, breast and other things including tanning so let them have their one night to be white".

She couldn't admit that she was disturb at the way that they handled that party while knowing they were making fun of her ethnic makeup.

Then we had the sell-out brotha who was dating a white woman in the beginning frowning down on his own people. The black guy ended up getting with a sista but even to that end he got with the one that had problems with her own (by the way she seems to have came back around at the end of the movie). She at the end had to put him in check - though it was the black mans father who was pushing so hard for him to inter-grade within the white populaces.

Dear white people wasn't what it was choked up to be. The black girl who was secretly sleeping with a white boy hosted a radio show which she would say comments like "dear white people, white do you put your fingers through our hair" and so forth ... but this move had absolutely nothing real to do with the real struggle.

Then our other brotha was a gay boy who was getting the breaks beat off of him and the only way to win his fight was kiss the white boy in the mouth. Common now.

I must say that I'm disappointed because there was more selling out than there was buying in. When are we going to get it right? Even in modern films where we should have more voice our voice is still being drowned out. Disappointing!!!!

Thanks for keeping it real. I saw this movie and got so turned off that I wrote three or four post on one of the threads about this movie, harshly criticizing it. I almost got up and left when I saw that young brother and white boy kiss. What makes this even more sad is, the film was directed by a young black man...smh. I called it a college version of Scandal.

Each and every one of us did and do have our right to choose to buy what somebody is selling, or not at all...

I. e., in group censorship was and is not a good idea, whereas I also keep an open mind, when it comes to some folks reality checks/wake up calls, too...

(BIG smile)...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back