Black People : So called "Black on Black crime"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nvlove23, Apr 11, 2012.

1. nvlove23

nvlove23 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I am so very saddened to see what has been happening in the media in regards to the Travon Martin case as well as proceedings going on regarding Kenneth Chamberlain's case. It got me to thinking about so called black crime in general. While this has always been a topic that I speak on regularly with my friend, I mean we will talk on this for hours on end and I find that we usually end the conversation saying or rather asking each other "What can be done? Why isn't anyone doing anything?".
    I have so many reason why I think there is "black on black crime". Some of those examples being, music, poverty, lack of parenting, unemployment etc.
    But here is my question to the community here,
    What can we do?
    I have children and I try my best to keep them occupied and teach them about their history and shield them from white society and trends. But what can we all do collectively about this black on black crime that goes on daily across the country? It is not just an American phenomenon it is a worldwide phenomenon it happens in Canada it happens in the Jamaica, all over. Same Sh*t different place!
    What can we do?
    Please don't say march, protest, any of the stuff that has been tried and hasn't worked.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Keep your kids active in a variety of programs. Academic. Sports. Art. Entertainment. Cultural. Civic. Recreational. Go camping and teach them survival skills. Teach them how to build things. Vocational education. Get th involved in martial arts. Teach them self defense. The more our youth are active in various programs they have no idle time which means they are not hanging out on the streets which minimizes risk factors which may lead to conflict. Also get them involved in community service.

3. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    this pretty much sums it up...

4. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    if you live in an area that has gang activities and high rates in crime, then its best to figger out how to save money and move the hell out of that area. I had to do that twice. I didn't want my babies caught up in no crime sting, become a statistic and end up under the cops radar.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    black crime is a symptom……….the system of white supremacy is the disease…...

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    white people commit more violent crimes than black people.....fact!
    not saying that black on black crime should be ignored....
    just put it in it's proper perspective...

one love
    khasm

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

Welcome Again Sister ... i too have thot on this topic a lot, and have determined that the greatest factor that will change this for our children, is being able to offer them viable employment opportunities. That's really what's fueling the majority of our black on black murders and crime. Black Men aren't able to get jobs, are left in the lowest economically deprived situations, but must survive.

If we could provide viable employment to our own young Black Men ... things would change ... i think.

Thanks for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I agree but they won't get employed without the job skills required required to maintain employment.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

I agree that one must stay abreast of the skills required to maintain a job ...

but i don't think that's what is keeping the majority of Black Men from gainful employment.

It's something much more sinister than that ... a system ... meant to keep him economically starved.

I see too many white boys that can't hardly spell their own name ... with jobs, trucks, boats, and land.

Let a Brother go to prison ... he got a lifetime job ... with no prerequisite job skills needed.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    We are looking at two different things. Four times as many Black people attend college compared to those incarcerated. Yet many who graduate are unable to find work. Many don't have the right skill set even when employed by Black employers. That's what my last post was in response to. The inability of some to hold jobs when employed by Black folks.