Black People : so called "afro americans" the LEAST brainwashed out of the disporians!?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Aljahiz, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Aljahiz

Aljahiz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    for those that dont know, although africans being shipped to the so called united states is the most popular voyage, africans were also shipped to south america and the carribeans (brazil cuba jamaica dominican republic colombia).

from my research i've found that so called "afro americans" for the most part are the only ones who don't kiss the colonizers butt! dominicans and other spanish speakers with african blood will proudly call themselves 'spanish' eventhough many dominicans and dont look like a spainard. jamaicans love white women, no matter what she looks like, and the list goes on.

also i want to throw in that HISPANIC/LATINO/SPANISH is NOT a race.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I must admit, it breaks my heart when Black people from different cultures/nations refuse to acknowledge their Black Ancestory. It shows just how ignorant we are about ourselves, not just here in the Americas but all over the world. Take a look at the Black people in the states who denies connection to their African Brother and Sisters. I guess you'd have to be one who wants to know the truth about self.

I don't know a whole lot about Arawak People, also known as the Tainos, but I do know the Hispanics today are a mixture Blacks, whites, and Asians. The Tainos bloodline has been infiltrated just as badly as most Black Americans today.

:heart:

3. Aljahiz

Aljahiz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1

purplemoons i dont know anybody in america who calls themselves "english" like dominicans call themselves spanish in regards to your (look at the people in the states who deny such and such)

also africans on the continent kiss the ground Caucasoids walk on also, which i also dont appreciate..if you love your enemy then your not a brother of mine

4. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Afro Americans kiss Whites buts. They just dont do it in the ways named in which Blacks in the other countries might do it. The cultures over there might be similar or different and alot of areas which explains alot.

5. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    Actually Africans being shipped to Brazil was the most common/popular voyage and went on far far longer after the US stopped.
    I'm guessing you are American. If you are I think this statement is a bit egotistical, all of us both in Africa and outside, to a greater or lesser extent have been guilty of "kissing colonizers butt". Maybe its easier to notice in Latin countries but then again some of our people in those countries have maintained an Africanised culture more than those in the US (eg Cuba and Brazil) and might claim "afro americans" kiss butt because they have a far more Europeanised way of life.
    Thats true but when I went to New York (I'm British) it seemed most Americans of all races call Spanish speakers "Spanish" regardless of where they are from, I notice this because in England "Spainish" means you come from Spain alone.
    That is a truly wild and ridiculous exaggeration, on the island many pursue white tourist women in a similar Thai females pursue white tourist men, its more economics than "kissing colonizers butt" however as I said before black the world over are guilty of worshipping whites to an extent.

I totally agree, thats a culture that its members can be black white indigenous indian, chinese etc and mixtures of all kinds.

6. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I HAD to laugh out loud at this one :) sorry - but it is kinda funny - cause in my reseach (ha!) I find "afro americans" are kissing butt the most of all - demanding rights to be equal. Wanting the same standard of living, the same cars, the same wages so you can live in the good suburb and roast turkey at thanksgiving with Sally and Doug.

I find Blacks living in the EU demand equal rights, but prefer to celebrate their diversity and the right to retain their social/cultural differences i.e. give me the suburb, but everyone is coming over to roast a sheep and Sally and Doug can join in, or huff off.. hahaha.. dont mind me..

Ag - let's keep in mind that there are black stuggles everywhere - within nations everywhere. there is a large Black movement in Brazil, as in the USA, as in the UK, as on mainland EU, lets not forget our Blacks in Australia, India and the far east.

Society has made "African" an evil word - and considering our history and current locations, we will develop positively when we finally decide to embrace Black - regardless of location. Just like the whites do.. hahaha.. because regardless of location, they celebrate their ability to divide all other races to the point where they divide themselves.

7. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Well, from what I notice, Afro-Americans might Brown-nose to obtain some special privilege (status, wealth); but, many other diasporians brown-nose and identify with the Spanish oppressors for "bragging rights". We have Caribbean diasporians 4 shades darker than me identifying as white. SMH. There are little to no white/Spaniards to epitomize in their homeland, so you can only wonder: why all the enamorisation and longing to be white or white-like? Is it because Afro-Americans are surrounded by whites, and we are fortunate to see them for who they really are (up close in person), while other diasporians remain in the dark as to whites' overall feelings of Blacks? With all the admixture Afro-Americans have in us, we're STILL Black and proud.

8. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Good observations. Something to ponder.

I guess you would have to live in such places for a while to really find out whats going on 100%

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    It should be more of a realization than a guess at this point.

We (you/I) learn things everyday

:peace:

10. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    It gets me how we keep referring to our alleged "admixture" and "mixed blood". Why is this? What good does "admixture' do us or has ever done for us?

It is almost always a mistake to call ourselves anything other than Africans. Period. Our ancestors were wise enough to know this. This is why we have such things as the African Methodist Episocal Church; not the "Afro-American Church". We are Africans. Period.

Point two is this: many of the slaves who were brought here from Africa already had "admixture". I have good reason to believe that one of my ancestors was kidnapped from Madagascar. Virtually everyone on Madagascar is "admixtured". When the kidnappers captured her in the dark, they could not tell that she was very whitish or light brown in complexion. They just threw her in with the other darker slaves. When daylight came, it was too late to give a hoot.

Plus, many Africans in other parts of the Continent were "admixtured". Throughout history we had migrants from Asia coming to Africa as traders and merchants and travellers. Most reached the East African coast. This is why most people in East African are very light brown in complexion. Consider the Soamlis, for instance. The same is true for the Ethiopians and Eritreans, not to mention the Sudanese. When the slave trade was supressed, it mainly affeacted the West Coast. But, the underground slave trade continued and affected mainly the East Coast. This is why so many light brown skin slaves were taken from Madagascar and other East Coast countries. In fact, it seems that Madagscar was particularly victimized beacuse it was away from the traditional slave trade routes.

Furthermore, the original slaves in the USA were not necessarily dark skin. Native Americans were also enslaved. Plus, Europeans were endentured along with Africans. All of the slaves married for love, not race. So, many of us have European and Native Amercan genes for this reason. Plus, the Indians often gave us refuge when we escaped from slavery. Again, not only are we closely tied to the Indians, many Indians have African genes. What give us our identies is not our "races" but our allegiences to particular cultures. Many Indians are actually darker than many Africans.

Plus, much of the "Indian blood" that our people often refer to is not Native American Indians but Indians from the Indian Sub-Continent. In other words, Indians from Indians have always come to Africa. At least some of them were kidnapped and brought here as slaves. Not only does this account for a variety of complexions among us, it also accounts for cultural variations among us. For instance, some families have a tradition that is more matriarhial or matrialineal than others. Others may be more montheistic than others. We will notice than monotheism comes mostly from Africa, while polytheism comes mostly from Asia.

The bottom line is those of us who recognize at least some connection to Africa ought to avoid compromising those connections. It has not much to do with genes and "blood" and "race". The important thing is Africans for Africa. Anything less than unconditional loyalty to Africa is unaccpetable as far as I am concerned.

As we re-construct and Develop Africa, we will find ourselves having to restore at least some of the ancient institutions. One of these, I am convinced, will be the ancient trade and commercial ties to Asia. It is not at all surprising to see that as Asia regains its rightful place in the world and Africa regains our rightful place, we will see China, Japan, India and other Asian countries doing a lot of business in Africa. This is why we are working to establish our Projects in East Africa. East Africa places us closer to Asia who need to buy a great deal of the stuff that we plan to produce all over Africa. It is more convenient to export fromt the East Coast than from the West Coast where we would have to compete with European products.