Black Entertainment : Snowfall the Series

• Thread starter Deleted member 65318
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 1K
i read neal asher.......

I read his Prador Moon. I recall the start but not how it ended.

There is what I regard as iSF and eSF. Intellectual/Informative versus Entertaining

But I started reading the stuff when I was 9 years old. I applied to MIT because of science fiction. Cost me $50 just to apply. That is equivalent to about $250 today. It bought me a 20 minute lecture from this white man about what kind of boys get into MIT. Sons of doctors and lawyers.

I wasn't shocked since I knew I didn't have the money from the get go. All I had was a National Merit Scholarship for $1000. It almost paid for 1 semester at the engineering school I did attend.

But without those sci-fi books I never would have heard of MIT. I read enough informative science fiction in grammar school to affect the trajectory of my life. I find it really curious that MIT has not had any discussion of the distribution of steel down the Twin Towers but we are all supposed to believe that a 200 ton airliner could totally destroy a 500,000 ton building in less than two hours.

I regard that as the Number One Weird Event in human history.

Last edited:
For Informative Science Fiction about what is happening in the world today, I would suggest:

Daemon & Freedom by Daniel Suarez

It is a single story but takes up two books.

Looking back I do not know how I would have gotten through grade school without SF. I vividly recall one morning in 3rd grade preparing to go to school resisting the urge to cry, wondering how I would get through another day because it was SO BORING!!!

SF gave me things to imagine and think about while I could sit there and pretend to pay attention to the nitwit nun.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back