Black Poetry : Snooz'n,Booz'n,Drug Use'n Road To Free(DOOM!)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by cocobutterskyn, Aug 19, 2001.

1. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Mad Sistahly Love:heart:
    CCBSKYN

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    madd love for your flow, coco...

skillz be oozing all ova da place. in total agreement...however, we need to get away from the finger pointing...and start taking responsibility for our actions. RACIAL PROFILING is out of our control, so we must react to their acts of stupidity. being insulted for our achievements...again, is out of our control...and, again, we react to their acts of stupidity. NOW, though it's true that they dangled weapons of mass destruction in front of us--in the varied forms of drugs--we have to look at us for stepping up to THAT plate. otherwise, we would have to say that we're weak-minded, spindless, with no control of our person. i disagree with that. WE don't have to bend to their whims. WE don't have to ask HOW HIGH every time they say JUMP. YES, WE have been conditioned to act as the master would have us but, after so long, shouldn't we be able to break that cycle? you're not ripped apart by drugs. neither am I. are you saying that we're superior to our bruthaz and sistahz out there in the streets?

the white man does whatever he has to, to keep his people out of the system. we don't have the people in positions to do that...and the ones we do have aren't willing to do that for US. and, though we cry foul when we go to jail and the white man don't, with the exception of the one to five percent of the innocent ones of us, the other ninety-five to ninety-nine percent of us are in jail because we did something we didn't have any business doing. THAT WAS OUR CHOICE.

YES, the white man tries hard to put US in situations that keeps us down...by laying snares for us...we CHOOSE to ensnare ourselves by putting the noose around our own necks. WE may choose to blames others for this but, in reality, can we blame anyone but ourselves.

i ask that in order to ask this: WHY ARE WE NOT WILLING, IN FORCE, TO STEP TO THE AID OF OUR BRUTHAZ WHEN NEED IS NEEDED?

that's why we're where we are. that's why we will alwyas be where we are...because we're so selfish in our desire to succeed that we neglect the needs of those around us...thus, alienating ourselves from those who would help us in times of crisis.

IN BRANCHING OFF INTO THIS LITTLE DIATRITE, I HOPE YOU DIDN'T MISS THE PART WHERE I SAID I LOVED YOUR FLOW:)

One.

3. cocobutterskyn

United States
    Ratings:
    +221
    baller,

I'm always open to listen and learn. I agree with you also( we accept the part) and we don't have to.
    Breaking the cycle? I sometimes think the damage is irreversible, when I see the continued black on black crime. Are we so far gone, that there's no way back to unity?
    I know pointing the finger has grown tired and so have I. I wish we could just learn to love US again.

I not only caught the part where you said, you loved my flow. I felt the love and compassion in your words. I thank you sincerely.

Madd Sistahly Love:heart:
    CCBSKYN

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    Coco

you speaking my lingo
    this was deep

you mastubated by mental

on this

i loved this piece man
    it give me energy
    i think my pulse is coming back
    thanks sista you are so strong

and i love it

DSSNY

5. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    In my day to day life,

and in my work among the people...I see struggling on every conceivable level. I know what it looks like, feels like, to live with addiction, disease and despair. Someone once said they were at peace whenever their loved one was incarcerated because they wouldn't be a detriment to themselves and others. But the worry would re-surface once they'd served their time...

There's only one answer to all addictions, all unhealthy situations, all our struggles...there's only one thing that will change us...and that is a personal relationship with the Lord.

Without that one-on-one, Coco...it is hopeless...it is unending. The question remains, will we yield? Will we let go, and let God?

thank you for this

a

6. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    Coco....

this was nice and i definitely enjoyed the read... Nothing like a little bit of political issues to arouse the brain....

7. GQ

GQ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    Coco,

Don't hurt em ma!!!! This spit was on point no doubt!!!

Dug immensely!!!

:heart:
    GQ

8. cocobutterskyn

United States
    Ratings:
    +221
    Kem, Thanks for the read. Did we just agree? Uhm, yeah, I think.:D

So'ja, It is the support of Kings, such as yourself, that we queens draw strength. Thanks, Your Lady St. So'ja:heart:

Alyce, All too true. Thank you for that.:heart:

Shaneak, You are too sweet. Thanks

GQ, Spit! Hate to do it, but loves the way it's used here:D Well, here's spittin [email protected]:)

Madd Sistahly Love:heart:
    CCBSKYN

9. GYPSYMAN

GYPSYMAN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Cocoa !

This is on FIRE !!!!
    sis ...this is SO well done and soooo true..!!!

on point !!!
    right and exact !!!!!!

peace
    g-man

10. Afridancr

Afridancr Well-Known Member MEMBER

African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
    Ratings:
    +0
    Headed for Free (DOOM)

I understand exactly how you feel Coco. In my efforts to help promote/share in the culture that keeps me alive, I sometimes wonder if the damage is irreversible. BUT, when you find one person that you've inspired and you see change in one, then you've done your part. Just keep on doing what you do...mentoring, teaching, counseling, dancing, poetry...whatever but most importantly, like alyce mentioned, obtaining and maintaining a relationship with God and prayer for our people and our oppressors.

Without the love, favor and mercy of God, we can do nothing.