Black Entertainment : Snoop Doesn't Think Gay Rapper Would Be Accepted in Hip-Hop

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Snoop Dogg Doesn’t Think Gay Rapper Would Be Accepted By Hip Hop Community

By Billy Johnson, Jr. | Hip-Hop Media Training – 5 hours ago

snoop-dogg-Tim-Mosenfelder-Getty-3-24-13-jpg_225825.jpg
(Tim Mosenfelder, Getty Images)
Even though some of the biggest names in hip-hop support same-sex marriage, Snoop Dogg doesn’t think the genre would accept a gay rapper.
“’n the rap world I don’t know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine,” Snoop says in an interview with The Guardian. “It’s like a football team. You can’t be in a locker room full of mother—king tough-*** dudes, then all of a sudden say, ‘Hey, man, I like you.’ You know, that’s going to be tough.”
After R&B singer Frank Ocean came out as gay last summer, the veteran hip-hop artist acknowledged that times were changing. “When I was growing up, you could never do that and announce that,” he told the Associated Press. “There would be so much scrutiny and hate and negativity, and no one would step (forward) to support you because that’s what we were brainwashed and trained to know.”
READ MORE: http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/hip-hop-media-training/snoop-dogg-doesn-t-think-gay-rapper-accepted-230132078.html

Uhhhh, news flash snoop, there are plenty. Of gay rappers who have made it. I guess he never saw 50. Cents vogueing on the cover of GQ magazine. ....

Plus, I have a friend and she manages a gay rapper who does shows up and down the east coast, but u would never know he was gay unless he told u....

I can almost guarantee that snoop has done a song or two with gay rappers.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back