Black People : Smoking Marijuana at age 2

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NeterHeru, Mar 4, 2007.

1. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    When I saw this video on CNN Headline News, as I awoke to get ready for work, it immediately became apparent to me that it's a perfect example expressing the abnormal relationship our people have toward each other. It did not shock me anymore than racism or sexism does, because I understand the unnatural nature of our relationships. And until we as a people accept the latter diagnosis as a problem more malignant than anything else we face, we will not appreciate DustyElbow's prognosis that as a people we'll perish.

Kids given pot in video, officials say

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

March 03, 2007

The video contains disturbing images of the young children being badgered into smoking a marijuana cigar, commonly referred to as a 'blunt,'

WATAUGA -- A 17-year-old man was arrested after Fort Worth police searching his Watauga home on a burglary warrant found a videotape that appeared to show someone helping his 2- and 5-year-old nephews smoke marijuana, officials said.

Demetris McCoy remained in the Tarrant County Jail on Friday evening on suspicion of injury to a child, a third-degree felony. Bail was set at $150,000, county court records show.

The two children were taken from their home and placed in the care of Child Protective Services last week, spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said.

Watauga police were not available for comment late Friday.

However, a news release indicated that Fort Worth police found the video Feb. 22 on a camera seized in connection with area burglaries they suspected McCoy and Vanswan Polty, 18, of Fort Worth had committed.

Polty was arrested on separate charges, including burglary, and was free on $22,000 bail, court records show. He had not been arrested in connection with the Watauga incident late Friday, county court records show.

Fort Worth police contacted investigators with the Watauga Department of Public Safety, who reviewed the evidence found at the home in the 6000 block of Hickory Hill Road. Police determined that the lengthy video depicted two children being taught to smoke marijuana and encouraged to 'get high,' the news release states.

'The video contains disturbing images of the young children being badgered into smoking a marijuana cigar, commonly referred to as a 'blunt,'' the release states.

McCoy was arrested Feb. 23, court records show.

In one frame, a man can be seen placing what appears to be a marijuana cigarette into a baby's mouth, and in another frame one child is smoking what appears to be a marijuana cigarette on his own.

Because the suspects are younger than 21, second-degree felony charges of delivery of a controlled substance or marijuana to a minor could not be filed, officials said. Watauga investigators were looking into whether others were involved in the activity shown in the videotape.

Copyright © 2007 Fort Worth Star-Telegram, All Rights Reserved.

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/3157928241047824354339067502671419222389?threadid=4EKK7B1960G4OU0R

Mar 3, 2007 9:07 pm US/Mountain
    Shocking Video: Man Teaches Boys To Smoke Pot

(CBS) WATAUGA, TX. - A Texas teenager has been jailed after police found a home video that appears to show him teaching his very young nephews to smoke marijuana.

According to police, Demetris McCoy, 17, is seen on the video placing a marijuana joint into the mouth of his 2-year-old nephew. In another scene, the boy's 5-year-old brother can be seen smoking on his own. Police say the video shows McCoy lighting the joints and encouraging the boys to "get high."

McCoy faces a felony charge of causing injury to a child and was jailed on a $150,000 bond.

Police found the video February 22nd while investigating McCoy and an 18-year-old acquaintance in connection with some area burglaries.

The children have been placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_062231649.html

[Note: The video can be viewed at the above website.]

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    the blind leading the blind leading the blind

wtf was this stupid 17 years thinking?
    that was a baby
    a baby

a 2yr old baby

yo that kid is a REAL CLOWN

i hope he changes his life's course

because if that's what he came up with to do for fun
    then he's thinking real stupid

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    they showed this on national TV this morning

and i'm more disgusted now.

that 17 yr old is REAL ignorant

i pray that he finds his way

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "It's a sad case from any angle that you look at it..."

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    THis gotta be one sad story ......How can you sit back and make two children do this
    and harm them in such way .....I guess one with no heart !

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

My friend NeterHeru,

Sorry I missed this post, but not for the great discussions between us, of which there were many. However, I must add that DustyElbow's prognosis ain't the only one:)...Peace In my brother friend, and you now have a Thanks to your credit for this excellent post.