Black Entertainment : SMOKEY ROBINSON ON BEING BLACK

This is not a question of "freedom of speech". No one is discussing anybody's right
to say what they wish. "Smokey is speaking his truth". Okay Yet smokey isn't/wasn't
speaking in a vacuum, he was speaking to a public to an audience. To wanna be
heard is to make what one says, fair game. Same as malcom, same as barkeley
or whomever.

If...., if smokey ever wanna come on and defend his position and or explain his
reasoning for saying what he said, the door is open. If any one wanna speak on
his behalf, that door is open too. For "freedom of speech" swings both ways...

I have no problem with anything Smokey said in that poem. I don't connect myself with america. I have always considered myself a prisoner of war.

I don't have a problem with his opinion, either. It's his, not mine. But I'm puzzled - if you don't connect yourself with America, who do you connect with? If you consider yourself to be a prisoner of war, which is what our ancestors were before they were beaten into slaves, what in Smokey's poem speaks to your feelings about America, about Africa?

So did Smokey Robinson and other Motown artists

So did thousands of entertainers not so well known as the Motown artists. Which is why those of us who love the motherland and find Smokey's diss offensive, find your bringing "money" into the discussion as if it's relevant, to be puzzling.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back