Black People : smh Tigers Apology...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Workinprocess, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223

Any thoughts?

W.I.P :whip:

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    WHAT IS HE APOLOGIZING FOR? HE IS A BILLIONAIRE!!!

3. Workinprocess

Ratings:
    +223
    @ DM.... :10500:My guess is as good as your.

W.I.P
    :whip:

4. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    HE NEED BETTER PEOPLE AROUND HIM. ALL HE HAD TO SAY WAS

" LOOK I SMUTTED OUT SOME CHICKS.... IF ELIN WANTS TO GO, ILL WRITE THE CHECK..SEE YALL AT THE MASTERS" AND DROP THE MIC AND WALK OFF.

5. Workinprocess

Ratings:
    +223

I just thought about it, Tiger is not really a billionaire, but he is certainly worth billions. Having him apologize like this, and putting him on front street is just some kind of ritual for punishment. If a goldmine black man marries a white woman, and he cheats on his princess, publicly flog him, put him on front street to remind him that he does not own his self. Tiger woods has probably never seen one cent of his money, but all the white corporate people who control his money, they are all on his payroll. As long as Tiger is stupid enough to let them convince him that he needs to do a public apology, the more they know that he is as controllable as they want him to be. He will never ask for control of his money, he will never inquire as to what his money is being used for, he will just keep raking in the dough for all those people, some that he knows and most that he does not know.

W.I.P :whip:

6. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    I know, right. Why do men seek money and power?
    To get the women. duh.
    In latin America, it is expected. They be like, "what?" I don't understand all the fuss. If it were found out a guy like tiger DIDN'T have any girls on the side, now that would be a scandal!

7. BlackSunlight

BlackSunlight Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    ^^^Word!!!^^^

I didn't watch it and don't intend to watch any of 'cause I think the whole thing (news-coverage wise) is totally ridiculous.

I gotta say though, what Darkside Magick said was on point. Tiger saying something like that would've been more manly and I bet he would've gotten way more respect.

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Playing to a white audience is nothing new!

Him being a billionaire is!

So later for his angst ridden b. s. ad naseum!

LOL

:10500:

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    At a time when we should be more concerned about what that African American in the White House is or isn't doing:

The white controlled/mainstream media wastes our time etc. covering far less important and relevant as well as signifiicant topics--including press conferences given by black celebs-- who shouldn't have to apologize for being less than perfect--from the getgo-- too?

Yeah, right!

But don't let anybody play you that cheap or close from this point forward folks!

:SuN020:

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The obvious question somebody needs and should want to answer:

Why this obsession on the part of some whites as regards who they choose to identify with being black etc.?

It's supposed to be about who we feel and think are important and relevant as well as significant to us!

To me:

That's a direct attack on our sense of self and/or collective identity...

I. e., it was our attempts to redefine ourselves as we saw fit, which brought forth such nonsense as buffoons as role models, and/or rich white guys raising poor black kids as the good guys, etc., back in the day--and some real life examples--these days...

Why else the deifying of Michael Jackson--a guy-- who to say the least-- was a case study of a fella with an identity crisis etc.--though it was thru the actions of Stevie Wonder--a true genius in the sense of that word--which rallied the people of this nation--then got brought to pass the honoring of the late Martin Luther King, Jr.-- via a federal holiday?

So, we need not be trapped via a seventies era time loop, also with folk who need theme parks to cartoon characters, etc., in order to prop up their own sense of (psuedo) identity/etc...

:SuN044: