Black People : <smh> No Comment? Not Important Enough? <sigh>

No need to get discouraged...

Riada said:
Bro anAfrican, our people are not ready yet. You've got to just accept that and not stress yourself much about it. It's just obvious to me that not enough of us have evolved to the point of action yet. Being angry is not going to speed up that evolution.

We may not evolve to the point of action in our lifetimes. I've accepted that. Find ways to enjoy yourself and you will be healthier and live longer.

Riada, I love your spirit! I've noticed on many threads here.

I wouldn't say though the threads here reflect the readiness of our people for action, just the readiness of the leadership here to sustain action.

Action is not the mission of this site, and when we fail to understand that we create conflict. By pushing for action, we are in fact pushing against what the sites owner and moderators have as their mission, which is to maintain this site, not "build skyscrapers."

The site is about discussion, so we just need to discuss on a more civilized plane with each other.

The action-oriented folks will hook up and do one way or the other, you just won't see it organized through this site.

kemetkind said:
Riada, I love your spirit! I've noticed on many threads here.

I wouldn't say though the threads here reflect the readiness of our people for action, just the readiness of the leadership here to sustain action.

Action is not the mission of this site, and when we fail to understand that we create conflict. By pushing for action, we are in fact pushing against what the sites owner and moderators have as their mission, which is to maintain this site, not "build skyscrapers."

The site is about discussion, so we just need to discuss on a more civilized plane with each other.

The action-oriented folks will hook up and do one way or the other, you just won't see it organized through this site.

I'm with you, brother KemetKind, the sister has always blazed her own trail up in here, and you should read some of those relationship threads with her going to battle for womankind... CLASSICS!(smile!)

But one think I'm worried about is our attitudes up in this, and a lot of other threads... We hang our heads too easy... We don't dig no resistance, and the Chinese say resistance is greater than non-resistance because ease and comfort make one weak and lethargic... Even our ancestors said, "if it don't kill ya, make ya stronger..." That is why we are here today, because our ancestors took White Man's resistance, and built their own... White man gave us a safety net(Aid to Families with Dependent Children), and we went to sleep on ourselves...

We CAINT be saying that we are not ready... We must NEVER admit defeat like that... Else, it aint the arguing white man wanna see, it's the lack of an argument he is most happy with... Because that would denote a people who've lost that fighting spirit... People who are lethargic and uncaring have largely been defeatedlll Their spirit done been broken and shattered into a thousand little piece, and they whipped... That platinum thread demonstrates for me that we are not a whipped people, sittin' on the stool with a towel over our heads... It demonstrates for me that we are fighters, and we've still got energy to come out for the fifteenth round... Else, none of us would still be up in here talking to one another...

We need to go back to that platinum thread, and continue to hash out our plan, even if it grows to a thousand posts on the subject... There's no limit on how long we can talk to get a plan together, and work that plan... But what we need are guildlines, and one of those guidelines must be that people have got to keep their politics, religion, and philosophies under their belt, and bring it out at another meeting - the appropriate meeting, or wherever people of their stated philosophy or political perspective meet...

Destee asked us if we could come together RESPECTFULLY, as I recall... Therefore, it was disrespectful of us to haul out our political perspectives, our religious perspectives, and our philosophical perspectives in an atmosphere where we want to discuss family BUSINESS... If we're putting together a proposal and prospectus for our business loan, would be begin telling the lender, that we are Christians and muslims and rosicrucanists, therefore the lender must be one for us to do business with him or her???

Of course, no guidelines were set for our coming together, and that's why we went to wearing our STUFF on our chests, and telling one another what we is and what we aint gone tolerate from one another... GUIDELINES are needed for our coming together, and those who bring their baggage past the borders of those guidelines need to be asked to RESPECTFULLY honor our guildelines, or LEAVE the discussion - period! All in favor say I so this person can get their stuff and get out... Cant be letting one or two or five folks hi-jack a discussion between 100...

Lastly, perhaps we need stronger moderation, or a person who is willing to accept the mantle of leadership on this... Again, we need to democratically elect our leaders as we would a board of trustees or an executive board, and delegate responsibilities to all who want to participate - just as in the men of destee's... We can do a poll right here at the board, and whomever is elected to their respective offices should honorably accept, and be honarably accepted as the leaders democratically chosen...

Off the top of my head, I can think of a number of folks whom I think would make wonderful leaders for such a project, and here goes...

Brother KemetKind

Brother Omowale

Sister Riada

Sister Karmashines

Sister River

Sister Destee

Brother Pan Africa

Brother Radical

Brother JamesFrmPhilly

Brother AnAfrican

Brother OldSoul

Sister PDiane

Now, that is off the top of my head, and in no particular order... If we want to add others, we can and should... But let's begin the process of electing our OWN LEADERS here and now... Let this executive board get together and set the guidelines, and give us structure... If one wants, then, to operate outside of our agreed-upon structure, they must respectfully LEAVE THE PREMISES, and that includes the leaders themselves... How about it, yawl???

Isaiah said:

We CAINT be saying that we are not ready... We must NEVER admit defeat like that... Else, it aint the arguing white man wanna see, it's the lack of an argument he is most happy with... Because that would denote a people who've lost that fighting spirit... People who are lethargic and uncaring have largely been defeatedlll Their spirit done been broken and shattered into a thousand little piece, and they whipped... That platinum thread demonstrates for me that we are not a whipped people, sittin' on the stool with a towel over our heads... It demonstrates for me that we are fighters, and we've still got energy to come out for the fifteenth round... Else, none of us would still be up in here talking to one another...

Brudda, I'm a fighter by nature and so are you. That's why I sometimes try to calm you down and you do that for me too.

I'm working hard here to tone myself down in this new year, :huh: and keep the peace, but sometimes I still slip and start fighting back again. I don't want to fight back if others don't want to, because none of us is going to win ALONE.

I will always fight for myself and those close to me, but it just seems that the masses of our people are too laid back. I don't understand why they're so scared. We don almost lost everything of value here anyway--and now our children are going down the drain like water.

Some of our folks seem to want to disrespect and insult in all kinds of ways and think you're too dumb to know it. I just try to leave people like that alone because eventually we'll take each other out.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back