Black Entertainment : SLY STONE GRAMMY'S TRIBUTE!!!

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Isaiah, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    All-star Tribute To Sly and The Family Stone to be performed at the GRAMMY Awards
    An all-star cast of artists are scheduled to come together on one stage for a special tribute Sly And The Family Stone at the 48th Annual GRAMMY Awards. The salute to the band's unforgettable music includes GRAMMY-nominated artists Maroon 5, Will.I.Am of The Black Eyed Peas, and John Legend; GRAMMY winners Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith; soul sweetheart Joss Stone; rocker Robert Randolph; and singer Devin Lima. The GRAMMY ceremony takes place on Wednesday, Feb. 8, in Los Angeles and will be broadcast on CBS 8 p.m. (ET/PT) and covered online at www.grammy.yahoo.com.

& John Mayer; Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) w/ Robert Randolph; Chuck D (Public Enemy), D'Angelo & Isaac Hayes ; and Big Boi (Outkast ) feat. Sleepy Brown & Killer Mike alongside songs by chart-toppers Janet Jackson, Maroon 5, will.i.am (The Black Eyed Peas), Janet Jackson, the The Roots, Moby, Devin Lima (LFO) and more.

Producers include Randy Jackson, Nile Rogers and Steve Jordan among others.

An amazing and diverse array of stars has contributed to 'Different Strokes by Different Folks,' the long awaited re-imagining of the music of Sly and the Family Stone. Set for a fall release (Epic/Legacy), the rumored and much anticipated album unites a team of fiery all-star innovators in a revolutionary reversal that turns the notion of “sampling” on its head. The original Sly and the Family Stone master tapes were utilized and were given to the producers and artists who then recorded and sampled other music onto the original masters. This new mix has personalized and updated these timeless classics. Created under aegis of the reclusive Sly Stone, his approval of every aspect of the recordings has resulted in a marriage of old school traditions and new school attitude, creating brand new music.

Each song on this album breathes new life into a Sly and the Family Stone classic, and each in a very distinctive fashion. Alone or in one-of-a-kind collaborations, young luminaries join the ranks of veteran performers in a mesmerizing hybrid of sounds and rhythms, reawakening the groundbreaking hits of Sly and the Family Stone. The album also features production credits that include Randy Jackson, Nile Rogers and Steve Jordan.

Track Listing:
    1. 'Dance to the Music' w/ Wil.i.am (Black Eyed Peas)
    2. 'Everyday People' w/ Maroon 5
    3. 'Star' w/ The Roots
    4. 'Runnin' Away' w/ Big Boi (feat. Sleepy Brown & Killer Mike)
    5. 'Family Affair' w/ John Legend & Joss Stone w/ Van Hunt
    6. '[You Caught Me] Smilin'' Scar w/ Big Boi and DJ Swiff
    7. 'If You Want Me To Stay' w/ Devin Lima
    8. 'I Get High On You' w/ the Wylde Bunch
    9. 'Love City' w/ Moby
    10. 'You Can Make It If You Try' w/ Buddy Guy & John Mayer
    11. 'Sing A Simple Song' w/ Chuck D, D'Angelo & Issac Hayes
    12. '[I Want To Take You] Higher' w/Steven Tyler and Robert Randolph
    13. 'Don't Call Me' w/ The Nappy Roots and Martin Luther
    14. 'Thank You/ Rhythm Nation' 1814 with Janet Jackson

http://www.slystonemusic.com/

PEACE!