Black Women : slip amd slide in my shoe

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Ireadastory, May 12, 2005.

1. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I have a question: Women you know some of us love our sandles in the summer time. But in loving them we also do not want ashy feet, I put baby oil on my crusties but in doing that my feet slip and slide in my sandles. So does anyone have a remedy that would help the feet stay moisturized while not making the sandles slip and slide? Please help a sista out!

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    shea butter or Vaseline, lightly.

3. Ireadastory

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank you brother James, I am on it!

4. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I use the aloe vera baby oil, I just don't do it right before I put my sandals on. I normally do it right after showering...by the time I get dressed it's had time to disolve a bit. I also use lotions from Bath and Body Works...for the times I need to put the sandals on and go. Those lotions never make you slide.

5. Ireadastory

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank u sister Carrie, I am so miserable today sliding and going on. Wooo! thank u for that tip.

6. ladylibra

ladylibra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

hi...

first, start with a pedicure which aides in removing dead/tough skin.
    then, at night before going to bed...apply an emollient moisturizer or vaseline or both to your feet....(you can wrap your feet w/saran wrap for extra/intense softening) and then put on socks. (you can purchase socks especially for this purpose in the health/beauty isle in your grocery/drug store. they look like footies but w/out the pom-pom)

enjoy your smooth feet and sexy sandals.

7. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    MY REMEDY...

:fyi: i DO THE SAME.. REMOVING THE DRY SKIN IS ESSENTIAL ONCE A WEEK WITH A PUMACE DOES IT FOR ME.. SHEA BUTTER.. OR VASELINE AT NIGHT.. MAKE EM SHINE.. BUT NOT TOO OILY.. (COTTON SOCKS HOLD IN MOISTURE)... DURING THE DAY I USE NEVIA CREAMY BODY OIL ON MY FEET.. BUT I TAKE AN OLD SOCK.. AND PUT A LIL BABY POWDER IN IT ENOUGH THAT IT WOULD DUST YOUR HAND IF YOU HIT IT WITH THE SOCK.. AND LIGHTLY.. TAP THE BOTTOM SOLES OF MY FOOT WITH THE POWDERD SOCK.. SO THAT IT WOULD ABSORB THE OILS W/O MAKIN MY FEET SLIDE IN MY SHOOES.. SO THE TOP LOOKS GREAT.. ADN THE BOTTOM ISNOT SLIPPERY. wORK IT GIRL!