Black People : Slim-Fast Dumps Goldberg Over Bush Jabs

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Jul 15, 2004.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I'm never buying slim fast. I'm going to treat them like I did DENNY's.

Many actors made comments that have endorsements, but the admistration called and made a stink only against Whoppi. Plus this gives me something to boycott.

http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=0&aid=D83R46G80_story

July 15, 2004 03:41 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES - The Slim-Fast diet drink company has dumped Whoopi Goldberg from its advertising because its executives were unhappy with remarks the comedian made at a recent political rally that mocked President Bush.

"We are disappointed by the manner in which Ms. Goldberg chose to express herself and sincerely regret that her recent remarks offended some of our consumers.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    the Ornish diet is better anyway.

nuts, fruits, vegetables and grains.

3. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hodee...
    my little groups knew that was going to happen and have already begun a little petition and email sending to slim=fast...letting them know we will not be purchasing because they fired ms. goldberg.
    so let those that can...bombard slim-fast , letting them know that the reverse works too!
    thanks for putting out here....knowing the information and beginning to act upon it seems, to be, one of the most focused things we can all do.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Hodee & Deepy, I agree with you both. These companies need to know that conservative republicans are not the only people that buy their products. I would also boycott, but I don't need slimfast. Indeed, if any thing I need "gainfast"!

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Can someone here prepare a short sample letter to Slim-Fast protesting their decision to let Whoopi Goldberg go for the reasons announced in the news?

And can you provide the address to send the letter to so that people here who want to join the protest can easily use the same letter format and put it quickly in the mail?

I wish there was a way we could do a petition and have all the members here who want to sign it, have their names put on it. That would show solidarity and political strength.

Any thoughts?

Queenie :spinstar:

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Brother Panafrica, I don't think that you need to USE the product to make an impression on the company. You are a citizen and a consumer and the simple fact that you are willing to let them know what you think about their decision would add pressure on the company as you join the rest of the people who feel the same way. The strength will be in our numbers and a show of solidarity among our people. For all we know, Slim Fast could be produced by a corporation that sells other products that we/you use daily. Think about it.

Those of us who are members of the NAACP should send them a copy of our letter we send to Slim-Fast and demand that they also join in on the protest. Demand accountability from them and make them earn that salary.

Queenie :spinstar:

7. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Slim fast Contact Info....

Here ya go folks...

http://www.slim-fast.com/contact/contact.asp

Slim Fast Foods Company
    P.O. Box 3625
    West Palm Beach, FL

Toll Free Phone : 1 (800) Slim Fast

8:30am - 6pm est mon-thurs
    8:30am - 5pm est friday

** There is a "Consumer Support" comment form available on the website **

Much Peace,
    Akilah :spinstar:

8. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    othanks Akilah
    very seldom am i on the web from the going down of sun on friday to the same on saturday evenings Nqueen...which is why i didnt get back to you any quicker...
    we used the address Akilah mentioned as well as www.slimfast.com
    th at works also..

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Slim-Fast Worldwide is a division of Unilever N.V., a multi-national consumer products and food processing company that has previously drawn criticism for testing household products on animals, the pollution of water supplies and the regressive treatment of its labor force in third world countries.

Unilever N.V. is the manufacturer of the following products: Bertolli Olive Oil Lipton Tea Best Foods Mayonnaise I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and "Dijonnaise" Knorr products Bird's Eye frozen products Mentadent toothpaste Dove soaps Slim-Fast diet products Elizabeth Arden cosmetics Wisk detergents and liquid bleach Hellman's Mayonnaise.

Click Here To Read The Entire Article

Click Here To Contact Unilever Online

:heart:

Destee

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    SO WHOOPIE GOT DUMPED. SO WHAT!!! WHOOPIE GOLDBERGH HAS NEVER TRULY EMBRACED THE BLACK COMMUNITY. SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN TOO BUSY KISSING WHITE *** HER WHOLE CAREER THAT SHE HAS CALVIN KLEIN PERMANENTLY TATOOED TO HER LIPS. NO SYMPATHY FROM ME. AS FAR AS HER COMMENTS ABOUT BUSH, PEOPLE IN SHOW BIZ ARE OVERWHELMINGLY LIBERAL, IT'S LIKE A BADGE OF HONOR. YOU CAN'T SURVIVE IN HOLLYWOOD AS A CONSERVATIVE. SLIM FAST TORTURING ANIMALS IS A FAR BETTER REASON TO BOYCOTT THE COMPANY THAN THEM TELLING SOME WHOOPIE GOLDBERGH TO BEAT IT.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION