Black Spirituality Religion : Sleep Paralysis

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MasterDJ, Apr 21, 2011.

1. MasterDJ

MasterDJ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    Greetings Family,

I know a sister who has recently been dealing with some things from the spirit realm. I figured what better way to acquaint her with the destee community but to share her experience and watch the educational feedback. Now this subject matter welcomes all interpretations and "religions" to respond; Christian, Jew, Muslim, Atheist, Scientologist, Occultist or whatever it is you may practice please feel free to chime in. Here is her experience....

Ever since I was 13 or so...I have always has a sensation where I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't move. I researched this and some people say that it is normal. They say it is when your body is in between sleeping and reality. I would wake up perfectly conscious of where I was and who I am. The only thing is that I couldn't move. It felt as if something was on top of me pinning me down. I would try to inwardly tell my body to move so that I could snap out of it. This would not happen every day but once every 3 months or so. At times months would go by before another episode, but recently maybe about 3-4 years ago they have become more scary. I sometimes get images and can hear voices and I hear a vibration. In my mind i would try to pray and sometimes curse and it helps me to snap out of it. It is a really scary experience and during the episodes I have trouble breathing. My most recent episode happened yesterday. I woke up around 11:30pm. I woke up paralyzed and I heard a woman's voice threatening me, she said, "whatever you do, whatever you say I am one step behind you...and I am just like the rest of them." Before I would hear voices but never once so clearly and it felt as if she was talking to me directly. I don't know what this means or is, and I would like some help. Another experience i had a couple months back was a little different. This time I didn't hear voices only vibrations. I relaxed myself and just allowed myself to be taken by this and it felt as if I was falling through another dimension or something. There is always a scary evil feeling when this happens. I became even more scared when I was falling and I made myself snap out of it. Lastly, I had one more experience that didn't happen around the normal late times. It happened around 8ish. However, the same thing happened, I woke up frozen. I then heard voices and i felt as if somebody was touching my thigh in a sexual manner and moving its way up. I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks on me but it felt so real!

Family, again, all feedback is welcome. Let us aid this sister and hopefully gain some understanding of what she has been experiencing. Also, if anyone else has any stories that they might have experienced feel free to share.

Thanks,

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I've had all the experiences she listed, and they started at young age for me as well.( about 4 years)..I was forcibly baptized at a very young age becasue of it (it didn't help) and my experiences also included: sleeping walking, sleep talking, sleep fighting, and sleep calling(on the phone):qqb005:. all which has now abated (i get a visits from entities here and there ...but nothing too intense and it is now very infrequent)since last year after I started seriously focusing on my spiritual development, and really grounding my self, finding out more about my family history, and regularly visiting a GOOD spiritual counselor. It is scary... i know what she is going through, i couldn't sleep with the light off till age 28- and i used to call out randomly at night just snap out of it..

I think she should visit some kind of spiritual counselor, take regular cleansing baths, acquire some quartz crystal.. start working on grounding her root chakra..she should also tie her head at night...this protects her 7th and sixth chakra, which helps to anchor her spirit somewhat when she is asleep.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

- this one made me laugh because it brought back a memory of mine. One night i had locked myself out of my house and it was about 2am in the morning and i didn't want to wake the super up, so i slept in the grocery store parking lot across the street from my building in the back seat of my truck....

I don't know how long i was sleep but all of a sudden i threw a side kick out of nowhere with my right leg and would have busted out my back window if i was a half inch closer to it. I felt some sort of presence around me that i had never conciously felt before and my first reaction, i guess, was to 'sleep fight' it.

btw, i didn't shut my eyes for the rest of the night and couldn't wait for the sun to come up....lol

4. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    LOL..
    I used to do that to my brothers... i would sneak in their beds when i was little cuz i was scared to sleep by myself, but then i would end up elbowing and kicking them all night and they would kick me out... smh...yea that's when it was decided i should get baptised :qqb026:

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I was literrally begged to get baptised for about 3 years, from 8-11 years old and i finally gave in...the preacher dang near drowned me! I could have swore i saw fish swimming past my face and everything as he held me under as the 'witnesses' were singing. I'm like forget the next verse man, i need some air....lol

He was really trying to get his John the Baptist on.....

Though i don't remember having any 'sleep fighting' at that time, i think my family wanted me to get baptised just to be the 'complete christian'. My whole family was in church every sunday back then. Aunt's, uncles, cousins, grandmother and everybody else. I was trapped....they wouldn't let me un-christianize....lol

these days, i see 'beings' floating by my bedroom door as i peak from under my quilts. They used to flee when they saw that i saw them. Nowadays, they pull up a chair, grab the remote and chill as i look at them. Then i just turn over and go back to sleep....It's the same couple of beings everytime.

One is tall and dark, the other is short and white.....I could be fast asleep and still wake up as soon as i feel their presence. i have never knowingly 'sleep fought' them though!

6. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    From a slightly medical side, since I had a Grand-Mal siezure at around age 9 or 10 I had a few EEG's and a cat scan, the latter showing I had an over firing left side of my brain I think. I was put on tegretol till around 13 but stopped suddenly. Thankfully nothing happened to me, but my point to this is I thought this was the only seizure I had. Well I was told a little after that when I wake up (eyes still closed) and I could hear feel everything around me but couldn't move, literally paralyzed, I'd have to relax instead of fight because it was so difficult to actually get up. Well I was told these are smaller seizures that I was having, which I'm thinking this could be a part of what's happening to you and possibly the other woman.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just offering what little experiential knowledge I have. It could be some "chemical" issue inside your physical brain. ie the electricity in your brain is too high / low in certain parts causing these problems. I would say this attributes to voices, sensations, vibrations etc . . . If you could I would take a few EEG's while you sleep and maybe a cat scan, it could be revealing and could help you out. I used to think I was dying or something when it happen, not so much with my eyes open though. Also, the 1 Grand-Mal I had I couldn't control my arm and my fingers were curling back into themselves, then I went blank and my cousins helped me through it, I was convulsing, etc . . . I wasn't aware of any of it, but it sounds similar and I wouldn't want an episode like that to happen.

7. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622

8. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    i am in the medical field, but i don't mess with doctors when it comes to my health..i have participated in sleep studies and EEG tests.. and there no way i would give someone who is NOT of my culture control of my person like that...

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

thanks for that, but i think it more to do with the intensity of one's studies, it puts you in touch with different frequencies and as you mentioned 'vibrations' that most people would be scared to death of. I also Astral Project a lot and when it first happened to me years ago, i was scared to death because i didn't know what it was until i was reading an article and what the person described in the article was what was happening to me. I would actually be in bed frozen, unable to lift my head, or move my arms and legs. It was like there were beings holding me down and i would actually have to use all of my power to get them off and i would snap out of it. Once i even mustard up enough stregnth to crack one of my eyes and peaked over by the window and saw a dark figure bending over and looking out of the window. It wasn't until my fear went away that i realized the being was me.. Every morning that is my pose, i would look out the window just like that to check the weather so i would be dressed correctly.

I have not been scared of it since and now i enjoy it and sometimes look forward to 'flying' around the city and everywhere else it takes me. Once i was sleeping in my living room and i got smacked right in the middle of my head, so of course i woke up and immidiately looked around thinking maybe my son was playing around, but it was like 3 am and he was knocked out...the next time i got a hair cut, for some reason i got a baldy which i had never had before and when my barber handed me the mirror i saw a little black dot at the exact spot where i was smacked....

10. MasterDJ

MasterDJ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    Very interesting stuff so far, please keep it coming!

@ Amnat...you are hilarious about telling the pastor to skip the next verse lol :SuN049:
    ...can you also further explain the purpose of the quartz crystals as you mentioned?

@ Info-Moetry...so acceptance of the reality of the entities instead of fear allowed you to sleep and get pass "the moments?" Would this be considered a haunting in your words?

@larry...there is definitely a medical aspect to this i believe but i don't believe to the extent of hearing voices vibrations and feelings. A smaller type seizure might explain her waking moments and inability to move but as far as the interaction taking place that is what is awkward. Please give more details if you can about the medical aspect to aid us in the research or even more details about your personal story. I must also say this, many times, especially in western so called science, they have little to no understanding of spiritual occurrences. And because their entire medical system revolves around a pill or surgery they may have given you tegretol knowingly or even ignorantly which may just have a numbing effect on the brain. Just a little something to look into but hopefully i can put more research into it. but feel free to keep building with us.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Have blacks died from sleep paralysis