Sleep and Water Cure All?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by tyab14, Sep 16, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    [​IMG]

How many of our illnesses, psychological issues, and mental health type issues can be "cured" or self healed by simply taking the time to turn of the lights, unplug electronics and goto sleep.

According to some scholars, the number one killer of people may have to do with sleep deprivation and dehydration.

For one during sleep the body is able to completly heal itself, while not worrying about most external factors. On the other hand, in a metaphysical sense, the soul or spirit is able to leave the body, or put together unconscious messages to help heal pyschological issues and other problems in the life of the individual. Not only that, but it is communion with the ancestors and other spiritual entities. On a side note, the concept of dream time is very important in shamanic traditions of our ancestors.

[​IMG]

Back to the point, water, as we all know is another essential factor to health. Our body is almost 80 percent water, and this water helps to get things flowing correctly in the body, just like electricity, it flows through and helps flush things, it just keeps things flowing smoothly. It also is connected to the mysterious inner black matter or melanin.

I have witnessed within my own experiments, that simply drinking a large amount of water, and going to sleep can really cure a lot of illnesses or ailments that we have. In the hospital what does a person pay for? For drugs that are against life (anti-biotics, etc) and sleep. The sleep is really the factor that heals the patient. You dont have to pay for service, just get you some water and some sleep and you may be alright.

"You can cure cancer in your sleep

In fact, such a claim is not at all outrageous. It's not even extraordinary. I have cured cancer thousands of times in my own lifetime, and so have you, if you're still alive. Every living human being cures themselves of cancer over and over again as their immune system locates and deals with cancerous cells in the body. Your immune system already knows how to cure cancer, and it has done so for decades.
    "

How much do yahll sleep a day, and how much water do yahll drink in the average day?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Very true, but diet factors into this as well. I personally try to drink as much boiled water as possible. I can say for myself, that since I have stop eating pork and beef, I haven't gotten sick except for when I got poked by a some type of poison plant(can't say if it was poison Ivy or not). Even then, I wasn't really sick, just itching real bad.

I wouldn't just trust what people are saying though. The body probably does cure things while we're sleep. That might be why a lot of medicines make the person sleepy. Even if what you are saying is true, I'd still keep me some herbs around just in case.

3. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    PRO-ciate this post.

It is true that water and GOOD sleep can cure almost anything. The diabolical ones know this. That is why they contaminate water so much (tap water has so many toxins that it has to remove THEM before it can work on YOU). That is also why they come out with all of these BOGUS sports drinks, and sodas etc.. etc.. They don't want pure water to get DRANK!

And since most people live a stressful life, they don't get good sleep! Whenever I go on vacation, I try to have at least one day that I just SLEEP... all day! All of my aches and pains are gone. It works for me.

4. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    KS: Exactly. This is not "just trusting" in what people are saying, but from personal experience. Anytime I even feel something coming up, I can drink lots of water and just simply sleeps, and that will go away very quickly. The water flushes and the sleep regenerates. Of course diet ties in as the diet and other external influences (usually) produce the illnesses that are common to most black folks.

The body mainly repairs itself when sleep, it doesnt have to deal with the other functions so much, so it has time to get into repairing and cellular regeneration. As far as the medicine, that is EXACTLY why it makes one sleepy/drowsy. The healing is done by the body itself, really sometimes no external things are needed, but herbs are always good to give that extra push IF needed.

Brown Hornet: Good points bro, you already know the situation with the water. Some say the secret to clean water (if you dont have some fancy ozonated water machine) is projecting thoughts into the water during trance to change dirty water into alkaline, this experiment has actually been tested in labs with yogis. Very interesting to say the least. But again, its still conjecture to some. I have discovered that all the vitamin waters, gatorade, etc, just like you said, may be plots to get the individual away from drinking straight water.

Have you heard about the ailments some have as they work the night shift? That sleep period when its dark and the vital hormones cant be secreted is harmful to say the least. I have seen reports of people aging faster working those shifts for long periods of time and other interesting things. Sleeping a long time works for me also! It feels good and I get some good dreaming in! lol.

5. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Don't sleep on Sleep.

Yes, I am familiar. I work nightshift on the weekends, so I KNOW. :) It is impossible to get good sleep. Sometimes I gotta sleep longer. And switching sleep schedules is funky. So I make SHO that I get good sleep during the week. I also stick with the Aloe Vera, because it is good for cleaning out the liver & kidneys (which the body does naturally from 11-3am). Gotta keep doin the cleanses too. I don't really plan on doin the night thing much longer though.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    word booty...

one love
    khasm

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I never used to drink water until lately I've been craving water more than ever. Not sure why but I rarely drink anything else but water and herbal tea now. Whenever my body or my mind feels uneasy, I go for a cup of water and miraculously I end up feeling so much better. For ex. whenever I feel an anxiety attack coming on at night drinking the water calms me down and I sleep better so now I keep a glass of water next to my bed at night just in case. I've found it weird because I never liked to drink water until recently.

8. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Super-perfect thread Bro. Tyab14! We were discussing water also on "The Black Blood" thread. Sleep and water is very very very important to health. It's one of the cheapest things you can do to prevent illness and disease. We also know this relates to children in school that are placed on drugs because of hypertension. If they get less than 9 hours of sleep, their hypertension risk more than doubled. Hypertension is a major factor for Blacks in America especially.
    http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/47/5/833

Now some people might say, but wait a minute, I get allot of sleep but I still find myself getting sick, I catch colds/flus, I still have medical problems. Or, I drink allot of water and I'm still overweight, I'm tired all the time etc, so this doesn't relate to me. In such cases the genetic history of bad health is so sever it will take more than just sleep and water. It's not just about sleep in those cases, but "how" you sleep. Do you shut out the entire world when you go to sleep? No electronic devices around the bed, no lights, nothing plugged in and are you in complete darkness? All of that activity can affect the body as well.
    http://www.achooallergy.com/importance-of-healthy-sleep.asp

I think of putting the body to sleep is the same as booting up your pc in safe mode. You can never really turn your body off like you do a computer but it can go into a sleep mode or safe mode. Safe mode is when your pc boots up with limited drivers which is best for running virus cleaning software. You can kill more viruses on your pc when you do the cleaning in safe mode. This is also true for the human body. While we sleep the body is going about making repairs. Killing things that don't belong there, evicting tenants that haven't paid their rent etc.

An amble supply of water in the body will help this process. So the true recipe for health - enough sleep, enough water- and enough trips to the bathroom. If you urinate 5-6 times a day you are not dehydrated. We should have a bowel movement at least once a day, when you drink allot of water that's usually not a problem at all. Another major health secret has to do with the bowels themselves, the intestines- keep them clean, detox, enema, colon cleanse whatever it takes. Drinking lots of water helps in that aspect too.

As Africans were used to be more physically active than we are now. Exercise is very important. Think about the stomach rotations learned in African dance. A major factor in body weight is actually the fat gained in the stomach region. What did the Goddie Mob say "people don't dance no mo- all they do it this?" It's about hulla-hoop hip motions- no just backside movements, that also helps to keep the body healthy because fat and obesity spreads from the stomach. Now that's major health secret even some doctors haven't figured out yet. So allot of the dances we think as sexual have more usefulness.

Get dark sleep, get enough water, expel enough waste, get enough physical exercise, work those stomach muscles.

The icing on the cake? Take it further. Learn to drink water at room temperature, not cold and icy. Stay away from sodas. It you drink and eat at the same time make sure your fluids and solids are at the same temperature. Don't eat hot food with cold beverages. Hot-warm baths help to increase blood flow to the brain and body, also helps the heart and with sleep.

9. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hey Tyab

I found this to be a very insightful article. It's kinda one of those things that we already know in the back of our minds, but we need to be constantly reminded of. I also agree that herbs, and excercise are important too. I dont know much about herbs, but I want to make it my goal to learn about them soon.

I think my problem is, is that I just cant let go. Let me clarify. I would like go to bed earlier, but i always feel like I could be doing something more productive. In fact, just yesterday I thought to myself I'm really sleepy right now, but I do not want to go to bed now. And people say that excercise gives you more energy...well it makes me very tired approx 2-3 hours after I'm done.

And water...ecchk! I am ashamed to say, that I hate drinking water. But I do. Alot. I try to drink crystal lite or something to give it some flava...

good article!

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    These are indeed true facts that sleep & water brings a health life or say play a role in one