Black People : Slavery Museum

I think the whole Bill Cosby thing was blown completely out of proportion. OK, so he said some things that were disagreeable and seemed as if he looked down on our people, but the majority of the stuff he said was undeniably true.

Cuz our children are definitely on a different level than older generations, and the blame lies on the older generations for letting our youth become so distanced from us. I can remember getting a whoopin from a neighbor, I remember getting food from a neighbor, and my parents thank them 4 caring so much 2 look after me when they were gone. We don't have that kind of village-mindset anymore.

Instead of focusing on the way he expressed himself, focus on what he was trying to get us to focus on.

Disappointment and frustration can often be portrayed as anger.

As for the museum, I think it's cool. There are so many museums and memorials out there for the Jewish Holocaust, why shouldn't part of AmeriKKKa's negative history of it's mistreatment of Afrikans be displayed for everyone to see. Maybe then reperations (yeah, I said it) will be next on the agenda.

Peace.

HOW BOUT A DISPLAY IN THE MUSEUM OF A GHETTO KID CUTTING BILLY BOYS TOUNGUE OUT WITH A PIECE OF PAPER FROM THE DIKSHUNARY<<<BLACKENESE SPELLING. ILL KEEP THIS BRIEF SINCE BILLY HO HAS BEEN DISCUSSED WAY 2 MUCH. THOSE THAT THINK HE IS SPEAKING TRUTH NEEDS A SLAPP<<<BLACKENESE SPELLING, JUST LIKE BILLY HO.

THIS MUSEUM IS 4 THOSE SHORTEES WHO WILL BE BORN IN THE NEXT 100 YRS AND SO ON. 4 THOSE AFRIKANS IN THE WEST WHO WATCH T.V. AND ATTEND PUBLIC SCHOOLS THINKING ITS ALL GOOD, THE PAST IS OVER, WHTS R KOOL, ECT. IF U DNT KNO WHERE UV BEEN YOU WONT KNO WHERE UR........

PEACE ON THE PLANET

CarrieMonet said:
Who knows Isaiah. I guess I'd say I doubt if it's for publicity as he has nothing to gain by doing that. I just wonder what the museum will be like.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Cosby, and have relative... a musician by trade and a close friend of him. Cosby's motives are completely altruistic~

NNQueen said:
I say, "bump" Bill! What I want to ask that's more relevant to this thread is, what value do museums about American slavery provide? What is their purpose and what impact do they have on people who attend these museums? Do we actually NEED to see actual slave artifacts from a period of time not so long ago? Back in early spring I started a thread about a touring exhibit called "Middle Passage," which consisted of actual artifacts depicting slavery and the slave trade industry in America. At the time, I thought it was a wonderful idea and encouraged people to see it if they could. But now, particularly because Bill Cosby is backing it, I wonder whether these types of ventures serve any good purpose at all and do they add any value to our lives as we continue to live through the vestiges of the slave era.

How much REAL history do we need to see that describes what life was like and what we had to endure when we were slaves? Is there shock value in it that will help some sleepers to wake up and smell the same coffee today that was brewing back then?

What do you all think?

Queenie :spinstar:

I would hope a museum such is this would serve a similar purpose that a jewish museum does for jews

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back