Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Slavery in America was much worse than you probably imagined

... That’s just one of the riveting and revolting details from a new book, The American Slave Coast: A History of The Slave Breeding Industry, by Ned and Constance Sublette. They trace other telling details that are not found in traditional American history books, where slavery is usually described as an amoral but cheap labor system. For example, have you read about the rivalry between Virginia and South Carolina, which had competing slave economies? ...

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/slavery-in-america-was-much-worse-than-you-probably-imagined/

UNESCO-International-Slavery-Day-800x430.jpg

DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

Last edited:
Good link, I always get stuck in a quandary over this issue - if it the triangle slave trade was simply an economic venture - why the dehumanization? Making leather out of mens skins? Throwing balls at their heads as late as the 40's for 'sport'? I would like a purely eurocentric explanation sans rationalization of white supremacy and racism, especially contemporary systems..

Good link, I always get stuck in a quandary over this issue - if it the triangle slave trade was simply an economic venture - why the dehumanization? Making leather out of mens skins? Throwing balls at their heads as late as the 40's for 'sport'? I would like a purely eurocentric explanation sans rationalization of white supremacy and racism, especially contemporary systems..

Thanks, hope you enjoyed the link, however, the explanation is never going to happen. Racism white supremacy has to be defeated through Black unity ...

Cover_m.gif

http://bamn.destee.com/

Last edited:
Great link. I've read much about slavery.

Slavery by Another Name, Douglas A. Blackmon is one of the most through. Blackmon is white.
Michelle Alexander quotes from his book in The New Jim Crow.
I had not read about the "breeders" until his book. The breeders matched slaves, like plants in a garden, to be sold to slave holders. The breeders were not considered slave holders.
Alabama was considered to be one of the worst slave states. Alabama saw slaves good for nothing but work. Their slaves died in the field. Work until you die.
Thus M.L.K began the CRM in Montgomery Alabama.
Not much is spoken about Alabama.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the read. And yes, there is so much to learn about what happened to our people, til it ain't funny.

Great link. I've read much about slavery.

Slavery by Another Name, Douglas A. Blackmon is one of the most through. Blackmon is white.
Michelle Alexander quotes from his book in The New Jim Crow.
I had not read about the "breeders" until his book. The breeders matched slaves, like plants in a garden, to be sold to slave holders. The breeders were not considered slave holders.
Alabama was considered to be one of the worst slave states. Alabama saw slaves good for nothing but work. Their slaves died in the field. Work until you die.
Thus M.L.K began the CRM in Montgomery Alabama.
Not much is spoken about Alabama.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back