Black Spirituality Religion : SLAVERY CONDONED IN THE QUR'AN.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by SAMURAI36, Jun 2, 2005.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Among the many questionable acts proposed in the "Scriptures" of the ABRAHAMIC legacy, it appears the Prophet Muhammad himself, by auspices of "ALLAH" had no issue for slavery, and even condoned in under various stipulations.

Let us examine:

The Cow
    [2.178] O you who believe! retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the slain, the free for the free, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female, but if any remission is made to any one by his (aggrieved) brother, then prosecution (for the bloodwit) should be made according to usage, and payment should be made to him in a good manner; this is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy; so whoever exceeds the limit after this he shall have a painful chastisement.

Here we see that a slave could only retaliate against another slave, and a woman (who was pretty much a slave then as well) could only retaliate against another woman......

But far forbidden is it, that either group shoudl retaliate against their master (the Arab male).

It is even seen as "merciful" by your "LORD" that they receive a "painful chastisement."

The Women
    [4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

We see here, that the price for killing a slave is "blood money"........Either that, or fasting for 2 months.

This is what ALLAH thinks of people in slavery? Is that how ALLAH justified the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade?

The Light
    [24.32] And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

Here we see that slave masters are permitted to marry a slave, but never to free them.....Thus they are still a slave, just a married slave.

And since women were always seen as property during this time, and never had a choice of who they wished to marry anyway, it seems that the slavery was all the more compounded by the marriage.

This is the ALLAH that we are taught to serve?

Any thoughts?

PEACE

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    :D I wonder what will be the reaction of people when they find out the
    author of this thread actually considers himself a MUSLIM?

But I'm trying to figure out how can one quote the Koran 4:92 that says:

"And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise."

Then turn around and in the very same post say something as contraditory as:

Duhh....if they are obligated to free slaves for certain crimes among other situations, then how can slaves NEVER be allowed freedom?

3. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Koran 24:33

"And if any of your slaves ask you for a deed in writing (for purposes of emancipation) give them such a deed; If ye knew any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you"

Yes, ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    This condonement of slavery is one of the reasons I had found myself abandoning Islamic Orthodoxy.

I would like to know how Orthodox Muslims reconcile this? Otherwise, we should have absolutely nothing to say about Arab slavery in modern-day Sudan.

Any thoughts?

SALAAM

5. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    For those who would like to know how Orthodox Muslims reconcile this.

Again....

"And if any of your slaves ask you for a deed in writing (for purposes of emancipation) give them such a deed; If ye knew any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you"

How much more plainly can it be written?

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The Truth yes, but apparently not Prophet Muhammad.

As is the problem with most Abrahamic Scriptures, one verse does not justify another.

Also, if one were to read my original statement:

Among the many questionable acts proposed in the "Scriptures" of the ABRAHAMIC legacy, it appears the Prophet Muhammad himself, by auspices of "ALLAH" had no issue for slavery, and even condoned in under various stipulations.

Slaves were never freed for the sake of simply being freed. There was always a stipulation of freeing someone. Otherwise, why have slaves in the first place, if freedom is/was always the goal? And why is Arab/Islamic Slavery still perpetuated, if all it takes is a "deed" to free a man?

Also, we see once again a stipulation:

What if a slave never asks? What if he/she never knows that he COULD ask for such a document? Does that ignorance keep him/her in bondage for the rest of his life?

Such issues of ethics are forever in question within these texts. And these questionable ethics are what forever place Islam in a bad light with the rest of the world.

PEACE

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    As far as I'm concerned, if a slave doesn't desire freedom enough to ask for it....then he NEEDS to be a slave because obviously he's in no shape to take care of himself.

Nature has a way of working things out for the better.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    ^^^Ladies and gentleman, you have just born witness to the questionable ethics of Orthodox Islam.

A man deserves to be a slave, if he doesn't ask to be freed........Never mind as to why/how it's justified that he was brought into captivity in the first place.

Being freed shouldn't even be an issue, simply because of the very gift of humanity dictates that I should NEVER be brought into captivity in the first place.

However, it seems that "ALLAH" and Muhammad didn't view life in that context, which is an awful shame. :(

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    WOW, this speaks volumes about your morality. So by your reasoning, if someone is brainwashed into believing that they were never meant to be anything more than a slave, then they deserve right?

I see, gotcha. thanks!

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL, true indeed.

I told you brother, "ANAKIN SKYWALKER" all the way. :whip:

Wow, I'm glad I don't worship the "God" that he worships...... :nono: