Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Hello Family!

The notion of slavery, as unpleasant as it is, must nonetheless be examined to understand the hardships that were caused in the lives of enslaved African-Americans. Without a doubt, conditions that the slaves lived under could be easily described as intolerable and inhumane. As painful as the slave's treatment by the masters was, it proved to be more unbearable for the women who were enslaved. Why did the women suffer a grimmer fate as slaves? The answer lies in the readings of Harriet Jacob.

Around the time Harriet turned 15, Norcom began his relentless efforts to bend the slave girl's will. At first he whispered "foul words" in her ear. As time went on his tactics became more overt. Still Harriet refused to give in. To get Harriet away from his wife, who was suspicious of her husband's intentions, he built a cottage for the girl slave four miles from town. Harriet had previously asked Norcom for permission to marry a free black man. Norcom had violently refused. Now Harriet had a plan to disrupt his fight for sexual conquest: She had become friends with a caring white man -- an unmarried lawyer.
She would become sexually involved with this man, become pregnant, and an infuriated Norcom would sell her and her child. A child was conceived. Harriet felt "it was something to triumph over my tyrant in that small way." Nevertheless, Norcom had no intention to sell her.

http://google.ad.sgdoubleclick.net/...tory.net/search.php?keyword=Harriet+Jacob%27s

This excerpt implies that sexual abuse, jealous mistresses', and loss of children caused the female slaves to endure a more dreadful and hard life in captivity. It is a difficult predicament to be in when one is held in captivity. The situation is that much worse if a child finds himself/herself held as a slave from a young age as Harriet was born into slavery.

Peace!

I think the situation for female slaves was worse from the go-get...
These are the 'instructions' on what do to when buying a female slave...
Can any one of us today really comprehend the indignity of experiencing this in public?

1. Brandish whip
2. Remove her clothes
3. Eye her face
4. Open her mouth
5. Inspect teeth and gums
6. Eye neck
7. Eye breasts
8. Tweak nipples
9. Run hands across bosom
10. Eye abdomen
11. Eye triangle
12. Eye legs
13. Eye ankles
14. Rotate her around
15. Eye neck
16. Eye back
17. Pinch buttocks
18. Eye thighs
19. Eye legs
20. Eye calves
21. Eye feet
22. Rotate her around
23. Have her again facing
24. Put hand on her knee
25. Curve hand around her knee
26. Inch hand slowly up her inner leg
27. Continue inching up thigh
28. Plunge two fingers inside opening
29. Twist fingers around
30. Withdraw fingers
31. Decision process.

http://medicolegal.tripod.com/slaveryillegal.htm#rape

I think the situation for female slaves was worse from the go-get...
These are the 'instructions' on what do to when buying a female slave...
Can any one of us today really comprehend the indignity of experiencing this in public?

1. Brandish whip
2. Remove her clothes
3. Eye her face
4. Open her mouth
5. Inspect teeth and gums
6. Eye neck
7. Eye breasts
8. Tweak nipples
9. Run hands across bosom
10. Eye abdomen
11. Eye triangle
12. Eye legs
13. Eye ankles
14. Rotate her around
15. Eye neck
16. Eye back
17. Pinch buttocks
18. Eye thighs
19. Eye legs
20. Eye calves
21. Eye feet
22. Rotate her around
23. Have her again facing
24. Put hand on her knee
25. Curve hand around her knee
26. Inch hand slowly up her inner leg
27. Continue inching up thigh
28. Plunge two fingers inside opening
29. Twist fingers around
30. Withdraw fingers
31. Decision process.

http://medicolegal.tripod.com/slaveryillegal.htm#rape

Yes,I agree;this is very demeaning.I can only sympathize with what my female ancestors went though back then.

We need to hear more of these great, but sad, stories.

Yes this is sad indeed,black women suffered the most in this period. Slavery and the cruelty that went along with it led frightened mothers to commit acts of fratricide and infanticide. Some killed their children to save them from lives of bondage.

Peace1

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back