African American History Culture : Slave cemetery poses questions for Florida country club

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Slave cemetery poses questions for Florida country club

BOBBY CAINA CALVAN
Associated Press

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Very good point, we were allover the landscape.
Thanks for reading @Destee.

Backatcha!

Yes Brother Clyde, we have heard these stories often, the remains of our Ancestors found under skyscrapers, people walking on them, not even knowing they are underfoot - when I think on this - that our Ancestor's very bodies enrich the soil of this land ... whew ... and the climate of the day ... it can be too much, overwhelming.

This right here, makes me wanna say ... this land is our land.

I Love You! :)

:heart:

Destee

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Yes Brother Clyde, we have heard these stories often, the remains of our Ancestors found under skyscrapers, people walking on them, not even knowing they are underfoot - when I think on this - that our Ancestor's very bodies enrich the soil of this land ... whew ... and the climate of the day ... it can be too much, overwhelming.

This right here, makes me wanna say ... this land is our land.

I Love You! :)

:heart:

Destee

Exactly, as Baldwin once said; "people are trapped in history and history is trapped in them."

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: