Slanderous/Defamatory Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
:em2300: I totally agree. The way that you have been bringing up old threads that were innocently made and putting into those threads issues that absolutely have nothing to do with the threads intent is taking it to far with attempting to justify your points.

The Igbo Spirituality 101 thread was created by one of our young Igbo brothas and your post to his well intended thread was an insult. If you had any questions, you should have just asked him directly, we can trust our youth, they are not that corrupted... at least not yet.

It's really sad because you are a very smart woman, smarter than a lot of women that I know but you keep forgetting that their are people out there who are just as smart and some smarter. You are perfectly aware of what it is that you are attempting to do.

It is not acceptable to force ones religion on anyone or to ridicule those who don't accept ones religion as people here have tried to force you to do. Swapping ridicule and force for subtle Antagonism was only fooling yourself.

Oh and another thing... One can try all one wants to in exhibiting false facts to justify Christian Missionaries in Africa. However if one does that, while fighting to continue in worshipping Jesus, against those who say worshipping Jesus is submitting to the white man, what does that make the one who believes in Jesus and justifies Christian missionaries in Africa?

Astrologer4U

Where did I post anything to any thread which is not on topic?

And actually, all those threads I bumped up last night were in relation to the discussion you and I had in my thread about African kingdoms/empires before Colonialism.

However, it is so interesting to me that some members here will fault me for any perceived "antagonism" towards another's beliefs but have nothing to say when it is exhibited towards mine.

There's never any "antagonism" perceived when others make posts or threads against Christianity.

And as long as the Christians keep their mouths shut, the rest of the board can have a "Field Day" with direct and indirect ATTACKS on Christianity.

FOR EXAMPLE, at CHRISTMAS, I wasn't even online from Dec. 21- 26.

But, I can't even tell you how many threads and posts were made that week about Christmas/Christianity/and Christians. (I could bump them up, though!) :em2300:

If I go to the Christianity Sub-Forum and post or bump up a Christian thread, errbody and they 3rd cousin start posting threads against Christianity.

Most of the threads in the Spirituality/Religion Forum are directly or indirectly about opposition to Christianity.

And as long as I keep my mouth shut, everything's fine.
But as soon as I fight back, I'm the one perceived as in the wrong or "disrespectful."
I'm a "drama queen."
I'm "messy."
I'm being "UnChRiStIaN-like."

Yes, you're right, Sister A4U...I am a smart woman; and I'm also smart enough to know bull feces when I see it.

But, what does any of that have to do with Brother Awo Dino's statement about me?

He made an insulting and disrespectful comment about me; and I want Admin to address it.

such retaliation

I've been watching your posts for a while now. Your defense of your religion is admirable. Definitely entertaining.

I haven't seen christians on the board with as much tenacity and thoroughness in quite some time.

Ya'll representin these days!

However you and a few others seem to spend a good bit of time ATTACKING other systems, and doing it in the exact same ways you're being attacked.

That's a new tactic for christians on Destee, at least since I've been around these parts.

The only difference is you are also appealing to management at the slightest of retribution while expecting your slights go unnoticed.

This pattern of throwing rocks and hiding your hands is transparent, and it diminishes some of the other good work you're doing on the board.

Obviously I'm not a mod or admin, but I enjoy reading you so just thought I'd share my .02.

Peace

does not help Christianity, it only insults it and demeans the basic principles of Christianity

I just can't help but wonder where is alla this "concern for their fellow member" and identifying "doing the right thing" when posts against Christianity and other Abrahamic faiths are made? :thinking:

I can't help but wonder where is all of this "speaking out against injustices and antagonism" when such posts are made? :thinking:

Where did I post anything to any thread which is not on topic?

It's just my opinion, what you posted in the Igbo Sprirituality about caste systems had nothing to do with the topic. To me what you posted was an insult to the in intent of the thread. It's no different from what people have done to you. As smart as you are, I know that you are better than that.

And actually, all those threads I bumped up last night were in relation to the discussion you and I had in my thread about African kingdoms/empires before Colonialism.

Yes I know, what you posted in the Igbo spirtuality thread had something to do with what you and I were talking about in your thread, not the Igbo spirituality thread. Has Oymobi ever insulted your post or your threads? If he hasn't, I don't think it is wise to let what others have done to you here, trickle down to the innocent people. And, if he has, you still don't have to become what it is you don't like.

However, it is so interesting to me that some members here will fault me for any perceived "antagonism" towards another's beliefs but have nothing to say when it is exhibited towards mine.

There's never any "antagonism" perceived when others make posts or threads against Christianity.

When you are smart, you get the sharp end of the stick because there is no excuse for you. Those people who call people names and attempt to force people to accept what they say, they are not smart so you just have to be the wise person that you are and forgive them.

And as long as the Christians keep their mouths shut, the rest of the board can have a "Field Day" with direct and indirect ATTACKS on Christianity.

If you know that what they say is a lie, why do you care if they have a field day? If having a field day yourself is not what you really want, you would allow them to frollic in their attempts to persuade you to stoop. Honestly, aren't you tired of Christian verses non Christian here at Destee.com?

FOR EXAMPLE, at CHRISTMAS, I wasn't even online from Dec. 21- 26.

But, I can't even tell you how many threads and posts were made that week about Christmas/Christianity/and Christians. (I could bump them up, though!) :em2300:

It was the season to be Jolly for some non Christians...

If you haven't noticed Sis, I am not a Christian or a Muslim and I don't get pleasure out of trying to convince you that your religion is wrong so I am not being biased here. You are smarter than that, you really are.

If I go to the Christianity Sub-Forum and post or bump up a Christian thread, errbody and they 3rd cousin start posting threads against Christianity.

Some people take pleasure in the fact that they may look like they are smart and that is okay because it's not what you do, but how you do it. Swapping insults and ridicule for subtle antagonism is allowing yourself to become what you say is unfair. You have let your fighting spirit choose your fights for you and most of the fights that you fight are really petty and it's happening to much around here. Smart against for show smart... come on is that really a fight? Brother Clyde could be fighting every non Christian everyday but he doesn't. He picks his fights carefully and when he sees that the person he is fighting with is a waste of good energy, he quietly leaves. Taking the hi road doesn't mean that you lost.

Most of the threads in the Spirituality/Religion Forum are directly or indirectly about opposition to Christianity.

And as long as I keep my mouth shut, everything's fine.
But as soon as I fight back, I'm the one perceived as in the wrong or "disrespectful."
I'm a "drama queen."
I'm "messy."
I'm being "UnChRiStIaN-like."

I had stones thrown at me by Christians and non Christians for being into Astrology when I first came here. I was nice to those people who tried to make me look bad and I even allowed my self to be introduced to their forms of what they called real Astrology. Look at what's happening, I didn't present a challenge and no one has bothered me about being into Astrology for a long time. Why would they, what kind of challenge do I present? That's why I understand you because I was picked at too.

Yes, you're right, Sister A4U...I am a smart woman; and I'm also smart enough to know bull feces when I see it.

But, what does any of that have to do with Brother Awo Dino's statement about me?

He made an insulting and disrespectful comment about me; and I want Admin to address it.

It has a lot to do with it because you have been told yourself that it doesn't look good to always be in the middle of stuff, it doesn't matter who is wrong or who is right when it comes to that becuse really, it takes two to tangle.

Astrologer4U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back