Health and Wellness : Skinny People with Diabetes and High Blood Pressure ?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm seeing more and more skinny people with chronic diabetes and high blood pressure.

I thot that these were conditions found primarily in overweight or obese people?

What's up with more and more of the folk i see, with chronic bouts of these ailments, being skinny!?

I saw a Brother recently who had to have his legs amputated due to diabetes, and he's never been overweight.

I don't personally suffer from either of these, so i don't have any first hand experience, but i've always heard that diet and exercise were ways to treat them ... as if weight is a considerable factor in getting or keeping them?

What's up with this?

Have i simply misunderstood all of this time?

Thanks in advance for any inisght.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm seeing more and more skinny people with chronic diabetes and high blood pressure.

I thot that these were conditions found primarily in overweight or obese people?

What's up with more and more of the folk i see, with chronic bouts of these ailments, being skinny!?

I saw a Brother recently who had to have his legs amputated due to diabetes, and he's never been overweight.

I don't personally suffer from either of these, so i don't have any first hand experience, but i've always heard that diet and exercise were ways to treat them ... as if weight is a considerable factor in getting or keeping them?

What's up with this?

Have i simply misunderstood all of this time?

Thanks in advance for any inisght.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

its a misunderstanding. lots of folks think as long as they're not fat, they can eat what ever they want, whenever they want... they are mistaken. I know a skinny little kid with high blood pressure.. he's a friend of my son.. a few years ago he was having problems with this kid at school so we invited him and his mother over.. and made them our friends.. she was single.. section 8ed up.. mama and cousins sleeping on the floor of the living room.. the whole-ghetto-nine.. but she was nice and you could see that that's just how she came up. So we folded her into our family.. became part of her support group.. took her son with us places.. he'd spend the night.. etc..

we found out that his mom didn't cook... not ever.. he lived on microwaved food.. mostly chicken nuggets.. he didn't even know how to use a fork.. we had to show him how to use a fork and knife.. he had been eating finger foods his whole life.. pizza, burgers, nuggets, fries... mcdonalds.. taco bell.. etc.. he didn't eat vegetables..didn't know the names of many vegetables.. and he didn't get fruit at home.. just fried and microwaved.. and cheesy.. and processed sweets.. Hi fructose corn syrup laden sweets... and his body was rejecting that diet big time.. He had high blood pressure at 8 years old.. skin problems.. emotional problems.. dental problems.. etc.. and even with all of that, he was an extremely intelligent kid.. his mom was the dummy. I explained to her.. gently.. that she had to start cooking.. and that his health problems had to do with his diet.. but she was pregnant with another kid and working at walmart.. and taking care of her whole family with her section 8 and her walmart check.. her mother never cooked for her either.. just on holidays.. and so she didn't know what to do.. It was so sad.. eventually she began to cook little things here and there.. I gave her some simple recipes of the stuff he liked at my house.. chicken vegetable soup was his favorite.. she was suprised that he ate the vegetables.. and a couple of years later, his father moved back from Florida and helped her with his kids.. the last time I saw the kid he was with his father looking happy and strong.. but those health problems will probably persist the rest of his life.

diet diet diet.. if it's not something a human being can crack open and eat without fire.. then it's not meant for human consumption. Doesnt mean you can't eat other things.. you can eat whatever you want.. but you should understand that their will be consequences. Everything meant for us to eat is edible in it's raw form and attractive to the eye. A man cannot just walk up and bite into a cow.. or a pig.. or a chicken.. your teeth are not sharp enough.. thats why you have to bake and boil and fry it for so long first.. it's not meant for human consumption.. and digesting that food leans too hard on your immune system.. motivated by profits, the government and the food industry has lied to the public about dam near everything related to nutrition. One of the first things people hear from the doctors when they get sick is to change their diet. The whole.. `this is bad for you but don't stop eating it.. just eat less of it`.. idea is bull''''. If it's bad.. dont eat any of it.. ever.. don't add sugar to your foods.. don't add salt to your foods.. learn to cook using the natural flavors of your ingredients.

Sodium, fried food, high fructose corn syrup, processed foods laden with preservatives and artificial flavoring and coloring. Fast foods full of nitrates. Proper diet and exercise are key. As a diabetic I know. But obesity is only one risk factor. Family history can be a determinant. Age. Ethnicity. Smoking. Now the last one is what gets a lot of thin people because smoking elevates the blood pressure which can and does elevate blood sugar level. I cut my risk factor soon as soon as I stopped smoking two years ago. Stress is another risk factor. Working in a toxic work environment. The list goes on.

its a misunderstanding. lots of folks think as long as they're not fat, they can eat what ever they want, whenever they want... they are mistaken. I know a skinny little kid with high blood pressure.. he's a friend of my son.. a few years ago he was having problems with this kid at school so we invited him and his mother over.. and made them our friends.. she was single.. section 8ed up.. mama and cousins sleeping on the floor of the living room.. the whole-ghetto-nine.. but she was nice and you could see that that's just how she came up. So we would folded her into our family.. became part of her support group.. took her son with us places.. he'd spend the night.. etc..

we found out that his mom didn't cook... not ever.. he lived on microwaved food.. mostly chicken nuggets.. he didn't even know how to use a fork.. we had to show him how to use a fork and knife.. he had been eating finger foods his whole life.. pizza, burgers, nuggets, fries... mcdonalds.. taco bell.. etc.. he didn't eat vegetables..didn't know the names of many vegetables.. and he didn't get fruit at home.. just fried and microwaved.. and cheesy.. and processed sweets.. Hi fructose corn syrup laden sweets... and his body was rejecting that diet big time.. He had high blood pressure at 8 years old.. skin problems.. emotional problems.. dental problems.. etc.. and even with all of that, he was an extremely intelligent kid.. his mom was the dummy. I explained to her.. gently.. that she had to start cooking.. and that his health problems had to do with his diet.. but she was pregnant with another kid and working at walmart.. and taking care of her whole family with her section 8 and her walmart check.. her mother never cooked for her either.. just on holidays.. and so she didn't know what to do.. It was so sad.. eventually she began to cook little things here and there.. I gave her some simple recipes of the stuff he liked at my house.. chicken vegetable soup was his favorite.. she was suprised that he ate the vegetables.. and a couple of years later, his father moved back from Florida and helped her with his kids.. the last time I saw the kid he was with his father looking happy and strong.. but those health problems will probably persist the rest of his life.

diet diet diet.. if it's not something a human being can crack open and eat without fire.. then it's not meant for human consumption. Doesnt mean you can't eat other things.. you can eat whatever you want.. but you should understand that their will be consequences. Everything meant for us to eat is edible in it's raw form and attractive to the eye. A man cannot just walk up and bite into a cow.. or a pig.. or a chicken.. your teeth are not sharp enough.. thats why you have to bake and boil and fry it for so long first.. it's not meant for human consumption.. and digesting that food leans too hard on your immune system.. motivated by profits, the government and the food industry has lied to the public about dam near everything related to nutrition. One of the first things people hear from the doctors when they get sick is to change their diet. The whole.. `this is bad for you but don't stop eating it.. just eat less of it`.. idea is bull''''. If it's bad.. dont eat any of it.. ever.. don't add sugar to your foods.. don't add salt to your foods.. learn to cook using the natural flavors of your ingredients.

I went two weeks no fast food, walking 3-5 miles each morning, detoxing, no meat except fish, increased intake of antioxidants and lost 6 pounds from 242 to 236 and lowered blood sugar from plus 300 to under 160.

The past week I changed work schedule, changed workout to minimal, started eating fast food again and gained 4 pounds, blood sugar elevated again to over 300 and mobility in my right knee has become impaired due to over exertion.

It's a constant battle. The one thing that spiked my levels the most was store bought fried chicken. Stupid me. 21 days of detoxing and one day of fried chicken nearly kills me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back