Black Relationships : Sisters....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by spicybrown, Jan 11, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Would you date a man who hinted that you weren't exactly physically his type? Some men are bold enough to watch programs on television, and comment/compliment obviously beautiful women in the presence of THEIR women. Do any of you feel this is tolerable?

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I would think if a man is dating me, I am his type. :party:

But as far as complimenting other women... it would depend. If he's comparing the other woman to me, that's a problem. If he's turning his head to other women, that's a problem. But if we're watching t.v. and he says, "Wow, that woman is beautiful," that wouldn't bother me.

I don't think being in a relationship automatically means you can't acknowledge the beauty or handsomeness in other people. :tongue:

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I went on a blind date with this guy.
    When he saw me he said you are too big for me.
    I was a size 14 !
    It hurt my feelings but after meeting him he wasn't man enough for me!

4. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    whole post on point..

5. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    karmashines.....

The dunce wasn't necessary, seeing that we have men (and women) who will not hold out until they find their ABSOLUTE physical dreamboat. A lot of women would like for their men to make $60,000 and up, but have men making $35,000. I'm sure it isn't hard to understand.

6. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes Ma'am

I totally agree! I won't consider dating a man if I'm not his physical type. Attraction plays a large role in the beginning of a 'relationship.' Furthermore, I am under the opinion that if a man is feeling you he will not make said comment. Any man that makes that comment I think is looking for a way out. Now I have had mad to tell me, like the BS was a compliment, that he usually doesn't date a woman my size. LMAO. WTH. I'm a 18.. not a barge! And what the dickens made you think that would come out as flattery. Lawd.. Jesus!

Crazy thing is women date men that aren't their physical type all the time....
    He's so nice... He's such a gentleman... so on and so forth... why is that?

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I consider that face like I would a silly face. I wasn't trying to intentionally cut down you or your opinion... I'm sorry if you may have made that interpretation.

I still feel though that if a man is dating a woman then on some level he is attracted to her.. that's all I mean.

8. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

Kapeesh.....DAPS....

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I most likely would not date a man who indicates that I'm not his type physically. Right there he's giving himself a hedge for in case his type does show up. why would any sista want to be an understudy for someone else?

Men do date what they call "for now" chicks--I guess you could call them f*** buddies. No, I have too much respect for myself and I want my man to be happy because when he's happy I'm happy.

I too agree with Karmashines that it's not a big deal when a man acknowledges the beauty of another woman. As long as he doesn't howl like a wolf and say things like "DAAAAYUM look at the torpedoes on that mamagrabbah!" or "Don't you wish you looked like that?"

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    River, you so funny - LOLTIMES10dammit!

Once, my ex and I were watching a body-building contest on ESPN, and sista said, "lotta big muscles, but his **** is so little..."LOL! Now, if my ego was BIGGER than it is, I'd still be somewhere DROWNING IN MY OWN TEARS..(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah