Sister's Only Chat : Sisters Only Voice Chat - Tuesdays @ 8 pm ET - Microphone Required

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Destee, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Sisters,

The launch of our Sister Chat last week was a great success! We covered many topics, laughed, loved, and disagreed ... but through it all we were able to maintain our focus of wanting to do all we can to help heal ourselves and aid in the healing of our people. It was beautiful. Thank you all for participating.

During our Friday meeting, we decided to hold our regularly scheduled weekly Sister Chat every Wednesday night @ 8 pm ET. Unfortunately, our Sister LegacyOasis was not able to access the chat that evening and couldn't join in. Had she been there she would have let us know that her Wednesday evenings are already obligated to another event. When i did see Legacy on Saturday she told me all of this.

I know we all want to accomodate each other as much as possible so i told Legacy we would move the chat to Tuesday night instead of Wednesday night.

Please let me know if this is causing an inconvenience for any of you that were present on Friday and looked forward to our meeting on Wednesday nights. Even if it does not cause an inconvenience, post to this thread letting us know you've noted the change and plan on joining us Tuesday @ 8 pm ET.

www.destee.com/chat

Thanks a Bunch.

:heart:

Destee

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Sister Des,

The change has been noted, the new time is also convenient for me and I plan to be there, but this time, after learning a good lesson from last night, I'll have a cold glass of water nearby 'cause a sister plans on doing a lot of talking! :D

Peace :heart:

3. fabulousktty

fabulousktty New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Beautiful Sisters, tonight was so uplifting and inspiring. Not to say every chat is not comforting, but tonight I felt the sisterhood. I LOVE how as STRONG black women we can come together and enlighten one another. I rant and rave about this website to ever person who has an ear around me. Destee you are a blessing sister, and thank you for passing them on!!!

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Great Chat

Well I'm here to tell you, for those that missed Sister Chat tonight, you missed an experience of a lifetime. Not only did we have a good group of women, the discussion was lively and exhilerating and loads of fun.

There were women present ranging in age from early 20s to early 50s and we discovered that we had a great deal in common as we shared our thoughts about ourselves as women; our thoughts on love and relationships; motherhood; and steps toward healing from painful experiences in our lives. But that's just a few of the things we discussed--there was lots more.

Each sister had the opportunity to speak on the mic and what we were blessed to hear in the form of personal testimonies was nothing short of remarkable. Our sisters have the most soothing and melodic voices that just make you smile as you listen. As each sister spoke, the text reflected the warmest regard for each other and respect for what each of us has been through.

What these sisters proved to me tonight was how intelligent, loving and generous we really are. We successfully crushed the negative stereotype that we all read and hear described about us. Although no faces could be seen, there was beauty all around us--reflected from the glow of our inner spirits which shined as bright and warm as the sun and as soft and gentle as a moonbeam.

I won't share the intimate details about what was discussed because it would violate our comaraderie and agreement for privacy if I did. But, if other sisters want to find out how deep and open our conversations get--and believe me we discuss everything--I would invite all of you to join us and see for yourselves how great you feel during and afterwards. I warn you though, you'll want to come with speakers and a microphone working properly because I guarantee you, you will be itching to talk.

Peace and love!
    Queenie :heart:

5. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hello and Peace to all
    I am so happy that I was at the Sister chat on Tuesday night. It was filled with a welcome warmth of embrace. We spoke on issues and topics that encourage and awaken the strength that we have within us.
    Sharing thoughts in all areas.
    Peace

6. lilchitownlady

lilchitownlady Member MEMBER

Graphic Artist
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sister Chat

Hello My Sisters

How wonderful to wake up this morning with thoughts of last nights conversation. I’m so glad that Destee invited me to join this forum. The power that we extract from each other’s words feelings and thoughts. The power we find within ourselves. Walking away from the table thinking to yourself I’m worthy, I deserve the best life has to offer and I have the power within me to achieve it. And yes I will past this power on to my children. So that they may flourish and enlighten our community. Our spoken words meant a lot to me yesterday. Thank you so much suddnpassion, Destee, Bluewater NNQueen and all the other sisters that shared their thoughts, feelings and experiences last night. Through this forum we will support each other. We can stand strong. We can also stand proud.

LiL Chi-Town Lady

7. fabulousktty

fabulousktty New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Sister Chat

Tonight was one of the most inspiring and beautiful night I have EVER experienced!!!! We laughed, cried, and laughed some more...it was great to see such a large turn-out. I encourage more women to come and talk or just listen. Ademide sister thank you for this wonderful evening...thank you for passing on your blessings.

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    tonight was my first night at the sister chat and let me tell you.......IT WAS WONDERFUL! To see sisters come together sharing their personal xperiences and sisters supporting each other was absolutely beautiful! Ive learned so much, Ive felt so much,and I connected. Strange's thang is I didnt share tonight but somehow I was still overwhelmed with love, passion, and respect for my sisters. sister chat is all that. If you dont believe me come on in and listen for yourself. Share and learn! You will love it too!

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    A new beginning...

Aaaaahhhh...my sister Ademide...Ashe!

What an experience!!!! Like you, I am still feeling the love, the support and the safety that was so powerful and REAL in the chat room last night. The room was PACKED!!! Who would have ever thought that such a thing was possible. I'm almost at a complete lost for words to describe it.

I was honored and blessed to be among such awesome women--vibrant, loving, courageous and most importantly...humble. So many testimonies were put on the table in front of us. So many beautiful rays of light. I stand in awe of my younger sisters...suddenpassion...fabulouskitty...Queen Nemesis...I salute you my young queens!

There was a spiritual presence with us...the gentle love and protection of our ancestors encouraged us, compelled us to acclaim:

"It ends here!" and "It's not my fault!"...real tears flowed from deep within us...releasing and ridding us of the pain that we carry around in us so often in silence.

Last night I found new courage, and although I trembled as I spoke, to tell a tale that started so many years ago, I found my voice last night thanks to my sisters, thanks to my ancestors.

I had NO IDEA when I entered the chatroom last night, that someone would call on me--invite me to speak about things I had tucked away inside, but I knew it was time to let them go. I felt safe, I was lifted up and supported on the shoulders of my new found friends. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I've ever been blessed to participate in.

Thank you again for allowing me to write a new chapter in my book of life. Because of you I love myself more today and I can't wait to get home tonight to call my mother and tell her, it's not her fault, and that I and our ancestors forgive her and that I love her!

Ashe!

:grouphug: :luvv: :bowdown: :love: :kiss:

10. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    Greeting to All
    The Sister Chat last night was a deep moment of inner sharing
    I feel blessed. In our Mother Garden a wonderful enlighten topic that explore how our journey started in that garden whether positive or negative. Gaining an inner healing of strength to recognize that our path is now our own. To create new pattern, or strength old ones. To forgive, live, to grow and nurture in the garden.
    Ashe!
    Peace