Black People : SISTER'S...IT'S TIME!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by queentswana, Apr 3, 2006.

1. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Calling all Sister's to join us tonight in sister's chat @ 8pm est.
    Sister's...
    Do we really have time to waste?
    Have we heard the "wake-up" call yet?
    Do our Kings...see us as Queen's ?
    Come on in tonight sister's, we're in dire need of conversation! ...
    see you there.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Yes, it's time

I'll be there and encourage my sisters to do the same. There's no agenda yet, we can set our own. We can teach each other. We can learn from each other. We can be serious....we can have fun.

See you there,

Queenie :heart:

3. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Alright...since NNQueen is gonna be there I guess I can be there too, but only if you promise to keep the "chat bully" (GL) away from me :bully:

4. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Awwwwwwwwwwww DAGNABBIT smh I cant *sigh* and I sure have missed sister chat smh I have to go to one of the kiddies basketball games tonight and west coast time will put me no where near a pc @ sistah chat time :( but I do wish and hope all of our sistahs who can make it DO! Because sistah chat is rejuvinating :) and with Queenie Beanie its guranteed to be as fun as it is enriching :read:

5. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Awww, thank you sister and I feel the same about your presence too. Have a great time at the game and know that you will be missed!

Peace,
    Queenie :heart:

6. triniti424

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Hey Queenie beanie dip :wave: how did it go? I REALLY wanted to make it but on the upside my boys won their game! in the last 4 seconds @ that! AND it was a *correction* bigger & OLDER team! :D okay okay back to the point....

Howdddd it go :look: :read: :)

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Congratulations!!!

That's great that your team won, Sis. Triskit. I know you were yelling so loud you probably almost blew a lung, huh? :lol:

As for last night, well, a few sisters came but not enough to really have a sister chat so we stayed in the main lounge and had fun with the brothers that came as well. We listened to some down home juke joint music...blues...hip hop...R&B. Brother BidWhist DJ'd and talked a lot of smack. We just had a nice time until I got sleepy and eventually went to bed.

But gGirl, I'm genuinely curious as to has happened since I've been away. Why is it that more sisters don't bother to come like they used to? Maybe we're dealing with a much younger group of women who aren't interested in discussing the types of issues we used to discuss about Black women.

I don't know....I sure would like some suggestions as to how we can spark more interest. You remember what it was like, I'm sure. It's hard to explain to people, you just have to be there to see for yourself. Sisters Nita, Queentswana, SpicyBrown, Vandella (a new member) and sonnee were there. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone. :thinking: And not to take anything away, it was a lot of fun with them last night.

So, I think we should put our heads together and figure out how to make this work, don't you?

Queenie :help:

8. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I have faith in our sisters...I think with continued consistancy...they will come through. We won't give up!
    We shall come together...One single step, leads to another.

9. triniti424

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    OoooooooooooooooooWeeeeeee sistah I sureeee was hehehe I kept trying to control myself smh Maybe I should correct myself in the other thread, I am the same person here that I am in person just @ times a much LOUDER version LOL

anywho... :D

I'm actually not too surprised that it turned out the way it did. Towards the end of my moderating I was seeing less and less sistah enthusiasm towards it and you were still around then too.

I wonder if brotha Isaiah is right, and us sistahs just dont have the fervor to discuss our peoples issues among our like-minded sistah Queens. *sigh* I hate to say it because of the way it sounds but its seemingly true. However sister I am thinking that its not an age factor. I am not sure WHAT it is but smh all I do know is we need to figure out HOW to get our sistahs TO care.
    I hope so sister QT I hope so...

10. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Sorry I missed it ladies