Black Women : Sisters - Can You Discuss Your Collective Failures? - (Only Sisters Post Please)

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Sisters,

Can you discuss your collective failures without mentioning Brothers?

That is the challenge of this thread ... so please ... stay very focused ... this is about Sisters and their collective failures.

For the sake of this discussion, collective failure could mean any thing, choice, or decision that Sisters do or make specifically, that impacts our people negatively.

I think it's important for each group of us to be able to do this, independent of the other, and have started a like thread for Brothers.

Please don't post in theirs, and i'm asking them not to post in yours.

Remember, this is about Sisters, not Brothers, so please stay focused.

I'm really looking forward to your perspective on the failures.

Of course you're welcome to say Sisters have no collective failures, if that's what you think.

It will be interesting to see how many things match in each thread (i.e. Sisters see it in themselves, and Brothers see it in themselves).

Correcting our collective failures requires identifying them, and i hope this effort leads us in that direction.

Love You and Thanks in Advance!

:heart:

Destee

I think it's a collective failure on Sister's part to perm their hair.

It sends a message to our Daughters, that they are not pretty, the way God made them.

It encourages our Sons to think pretty is the long stringy stuff, in effect, making them want the pretty women (with long stringy hair).

We spend collectively billions to maintain these permed hair dos, when we're the most economically depressed people in the world.

I'll probably think of more consequences for this choice Sisters make, and add them later, maybe.

Destee

I think it's a collective failure for Sisters to give themselves (their sex) away so easily.

We get into relationships with people who have not proven themselves worthy, and we are often left holding the bag.

We don't require any thing of substance, prior to engaging in sexual acts, oftentimes.

Even animals in the wild, require the male to at least be able to provide, protect, or something before giving up her stuff.

We don't do that. We give our stuff to men that can't do any of those things, and cry after the fact.

Destee

I'd add disrespecting each other as women. Talking about other SiStren...gossiping and the like. Not Honoring our Mother's, Aunts, Grandmother's by not Honoring and respecting self[ves].

Part of Honoring those elder Sistren who came before us like the Tubmans, Truths, Nzinga's etc.... by following their lead.

Giving our money over to the asians for nails.

Going for the "one night stand"

M.E.
:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back