Black Women : Sisters can be hard headed

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, May 6, 2006.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Sisters, I was reading a thread that Brother Isaiah started in the "Relationships" forum and he specifically asked that Sisters stay out of the discussion. He went further to state that if sisters found the discussion so compelling to start a thread for us on the same topic. And you know what? many of us ignored Bro. Isaiah, and the other brothers involved and commented anyway...including me.

See for yourself here:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40556&page=13

Now why is it that we can't seem to show our brothers the respect they deserve? I see that as a problem that we (sisters) have no one to blame but ourselves, we have to take responsibility for actions and be willing to do something positive to change it.

To me, that's proof that we don't listen. That is proof that we don't respect our brothers. What right do we think we have to completely disregard the men here, especially when they asked us so nicely? I don't get it. Something as simple as that and we couldn't comply. *smh*

I started a thread recently and asked brothers not to contribute to it and yes, some did. But that's them, they have to take responsibility for that. This is us, and that's why I'm taking this personal because we have to be held accountable too. We can't expect our men to hold to a standard that we, ourselves, aren't willing to respect and commit to. It's hypocritical of us if we do. We can't expect them to respect us when we aren't respecting them.

If we're nothing more than good talkers but poor livers, then what good are our words here if we can't live up to our own standards? I'm guilty too which is why I'm having a hard time with this. Gosh, don't we know when to be quiet so that we can learn something? I don't want to be a hypocrit. I want to be the type of Black woman that I praise here, that I respect and love and who Black men can praise and love as well. How can I do that when I'm not listening to or respecting them?

Even though this is only a discussion board on the internet and we may think it's easy to "impress" people by the way we write, I want to be a true woman of my word and live the life that I write about and hope for.

Let's do better. Brothers I apologize for interrupting the discussion in your thread. :bowdown:

Comments/apologies are welcomed; excuses are not.

Queenie :heart:

2. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I agree that when it's requested, both genders need to ABSOLUTELY stay out of each others threads.

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Perhaps both genders who ignore the request not to add to a particular thread can shed some light on why they chose to do so? Perhaps he/she felt compelled to respond...out of anger or frustration perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know...

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    OMG!!!!!!!!

*writing down this date you apologized because I know it is a rarity! *

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Well, I was fascinated by someone's avatar and jumped in with a question. It had nothing to do with the discussion which was sorta rude! :( What I should have done was held my piece for a time when there was more open discussion.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    you'll got liver problems too?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Queenie ... you okay ... :injured: ... what's yo' temperature ... :sick: ... you been drink'n :drink:

I just wanna know before i respond to this ... :thinking:

:heart:

Destee

8. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I know a Queen when I see one...

Wow sister. Your spirit is so powerful and balanced and beautiful, I'm in awe.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    So do I.

True indeed. I said before that there are perhaps 2, maybe 3 Sisters on here, whom truly strive to understand and respect my Spirit and perspective.

Now, that number has been bumped to an official 3.

Thank you Queen, for your understanding.

PEACE

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    LOL!!! Queenie, I noticed how you were directing this thread at the sisters, and brothers jumped all up in here - me included - so it aint no thang... I refuse to get into warring with Black Women... We all are pretty disrespectful of ourselves at times, so I don't take it personally... I see sisters as wanting to communicate with brothers by any means necessary, come hell or highwater, and that's always a good thing...

Peace!
    Isaiah