Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

I am so excited for you! I saw your post at the Kitchen Table, but you were gone. Getting dreads was one of the best decisions I ever made. I think you will feel the same. You have a lot of length, for a beginner. You didn't have to cut any perm off? You're looking good. It takes abut 3 weeks for the locking to start. If you can, avoid cotton scarves and pillow cases.

*doing a happy dance for you*

No, I didnt have to cut any permed hair, I been natural for maybe 5 years but I did cut six inches of split ends off, new mom last year= no sleep
I dont sit at the table for long...
I already feel that this is the best choice I made for my hair, it empowering and cool to just let my hair flow and do it natural.

Ive been using silk pillow cases and scarves for maybe 10 years now but thanks I was skeptical about using a bonnet cuz they always come off

No, I didnt have to cut any permed hair, I been natural for maybe 5 years but I did cut six inches of split ends off, new mom last year= no sleep
I dont sit at the table for long...
I already feel that this is the best choice I made for my hair, it empowering and cool to just let my hair flow and do it natural.

Ive been using silk pillow cases and scarves for maybe 10 years now but thanks I was skeptical about using a bonnet cuz they always come off

Also, a bonnet won't keep your locks smooth. My hair covering is made by Woolylocks, inc. I bough I from my loctician. They have a website.
It keeps my locks smooth and out of the way when I am sleeping, and it never slips off. If there is an African shop in your area, they might carry something that will work.

[QUOTE="Liberty, post: 929280, member: 56013"

The Sisterlocks Business

9336174.jpg

Sisterlocks is a trademark company founded in 1993 by Dr. JoAnne Cornwell. The Home Office is in San Diego, California, and there are trained practitioners and Certified Training Associates in over 30 other states. The company has developed an innovative approach to marketing its natural hair care system to African American women. The company motto says it all: “Sisterlocks is not about a hairstyle, it’s about a lifestyle.” Sisterlocks invites women who are interested in self-empowerment and cultural self expression, to embrace a natural hair care system that is self-affirming and truly gorgeous.

The company has three divisions: hair services, training, and a product and accessories line. The Sisterlocks business philosophy is intended to enhance not only the self image of African American women, but also their self-awareness and their bottom line. For example, Sisterlocks uses innovative approaches when marketing its hair care system that have a strong emphasis on education and offers business opportunities to those inclined to become Certified Sisterlocks

Sisterlocks on you...watch them grow!

8206062_orig.jpg

2190930_orig.jpg

7142287_orig.jpg

7607732_orig.jpg

4188763_orig.jpg

5310053_orig.jpeg

5387077_orig.jpg

3137199_orig.jpg

Qam Yasharalah women, it's great to see them embrace their Judahness, Miriam the messiah's mom wore locks as well Solomon's wife Sheba :-D