Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
http://www.sisterlocks.com/

The Sisterlocks Business

9336174.jpg

Sisterlocks is a trademark company founded in 1993 by Dr. JoAnne Cornwell. The Home Office is in San Diego, California, and there are trained practitioners and Certified Training Associates in over 30 other states. The company has developed an innovative approach to marketing its natural hair care system to African American women. The company motto says it all: “Sisterlocks is not about a hairstyle, it’s about a lifestyle.” Sisterlocks invites women who are interested in self-empowerment and cultural self expression, to embrace a natural hair care system that is self-affirming and truly gorgeous.

The company has three divisions: hair services, training, and a product and accessories line. The Sisterlocks business philosophy is intended to enhance not only the self image of African American women, but also their self-awareness and their bottom line. For example, Sisterlocks uses innovative approaches when marketing its hair care system that have a strong emphasis on education and offers business opportunities to those inclined to become Certified Sisterlocks Consultants. When people inquire about Sisterlocks, the Home Office sends out free packets about the system that include pictures, answers to frequently asked questions and information about what to expect from any Certified Consultant who does their hair. When it comes to training, the Sisterlocks company insists that instruction is done in person. Unlike some hair care systems, you can't learn Sisterlocks by simply viewing a tape. The one-on-one interaction promotes sisterhood, and a sense of community responsibility for how the newly-acquired skills will be carried out. This is the cornerstone of the cultural values that Sisterlocks embodies. Once Sisterlocks Consultants are trained and certified, they become part of a national registry where they have access to ongoing retraining opportunities, receive referrals to help build their client base and become distributors for the Sisterlocks line of maintenance products.

Sisterlocks on you...watch them grow!

8206062_orig.jpg

2190930_orig.jpg

7142287_orig.jpg

7607732_orig.jpg

4188763_orig.jpg

5310053_orig.jpeg

5387077_orig.jpg

3137199_orig.jpg

See more

http://www.sisterlocks.com/photo-gallery.html

*smile*

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Before I made the decision to loc I went back and forth as to if I wanted Sisterlocs or locs. It was a real dilemma. I worked with a woman's eho was sisterlocked.
They were beautiful. I knew several people, men and women who were loced.
I chose locs because I love the more natural look. I had always wanted locs, Sisterlocs were new to me. Went with my original choice.
I like the look of locks better than Sisterlocs. Person preference. My natural hair stylist is sisterloced

Last edited:
Nappy hair is divine the choice of God!

Like Christ, "His son" and all the founders of world religions, God Himself has kinky, nappy hair according to the Bible, where God the "Ancient of days" is described as having hair "like the pure wool" (Daniel 7:9). The apocryphal Book of Enoch (46:1) states the same: "There I beheld the Ancient of days, whose head was like white wool..." 1 The power that causes galaxies to spiral, stars, planets and atoms to spin; that causes the double helix spiral of the DNA molecule; this same spiraling power causes spiraling hair -otherwise known as NAPPY, kinky, curly, crinkly, bushy, frizzy, wavy, WOOLLY hair! The words, SPIN, SPIRAL, and SPIRITUAL have common roots! The Supreme Power spins; spirals; it is spiritual. It moves or spirals the universe! The entire universe ever dances in spirals and rotations; everything in it reflects the "SPIRaling, SPIRitual" essence out of which it is made! Everything is alive with Spirit, the vital principle or animating lifeforce within all living beings. In many languages, the word for Spirit, Breath, and Air are identical: Sanskrit prana, Hebrew ruach, Greek pneuma, Latin spiritus. For breath and life are One. Latin spirare means to breathe; Latin spir and Greek speira mean coil. The Spiral Principle of the Universe is what makes nappy hair nappy -or spiraling.

Read more

http://suzar.com/BOTW/BOTW-ch1d-pages7-8.html