Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Locing is a journey for life. Maybe Sisterlocs are to. IDK. I Think you can get just a many type styles with locs as Sisterlocs. It's really a personal choice. Both are beautiful. Personally, I like the more natural look of locs. Locs seem to have a life of their own. One day they do what I want, and sometimes they just want to fall another way.
Cost was not a factor in my decision.
Both need maintenance that's costly.
I went to a natural hair salon for my starter locs back in the day. Went every two weeks until I started to loc, for a dry wash and touch up. About 3 months. Oh what a happy day when I could shampoo my hair and they stayed locked. :) Natural locing ain't easy. If you don't think you have the patience to wait for your hair to look pretty, again, lol, don't try natural locking. I think now the make locs, not grow them.

Some days, when I first started to loc, I cried real tears. My hair was 3 inches, looked unruley and...I just wanted to give up and get a weave. My husband was my only cheerleader.

Good luck in making your decision, kidkhuti. There is no wrong choice, IMO.

kidkhuti33

Jan 10, 2016
Locing is a journey for life. Maybe Sisterlocs are to. IDK. I Think you can get just a many type styles with locs as Sisterlocs. It's really a personal choice. Both are beautiful. Personally, I like the more natural look of locs. Locs seem to have a life of their own. One day they do what I want, and sometimes they just want to fall another way.
Cost was not a factor in my decision.
Both need maintenance that's costly.
I went to a natural hair salon for my starter locs back in the day. Went every two weeks until I started to loc, for a dry wash and touch up. About 3 months. Oh what a happy day when I could shampoo my hair and they stayed locked. :) Natural locing ain't easy. If you don't think you have the patience to wait for your hair to look pretty, again, lol, don't try natural locking. I think now the make locs, not grow them.

Some days, when I first started to loc, I cried real tears. My hair was 3 inches, looked unruley and...I just wanted to give up and get a weave. My husband was my only cheerleader.

Good luck in making your decision, kidkhuti. There is no wrong choice, IMO.

Weave free is the way to be ;)
Thank you and I just imagined a tiny little dread... :em4600:

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
You're welcome.
That tiny little dread finally grew up.

kidkhuti33

Jan 10, 2016
So through consultations and meeting loc'd bros and sis's and just getting a feel for my hair, I did it traditionally, letting my hair loc up naturally vs a crochet needle ripping and bushing my hair.
I have a total of 36 locs and i feel like semi freeform will bring my desired loc thickness and style all around.

Some of my hair is baby soft and wouldnt even spiral, mixed hair so I actually tied some of my locs into place and I used no products so a few look like twists
Hope my picture uploads

Attachments

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
So through consultations and meeting loc'd bros and sis's and just getting a feel for my hair, I did it traditionally, letting my hair loc up naturally vs a crochet needle ripping and bushing my hair.
I have a total of 36 locs and i feel like semi freeform will bring my desired loc thickness and style all around.

Some of my hair is baby soft and wouldnt even spiral, mixed hair so I actually tied some of my locs into place and I used no products so a few look like twists
Hope my picture uploads
I am so excited for you! I saw your post at the Kitchen Table, but you were gone. Getting dreads was one of the best decisions I ever made. I think you will feel the same. You have a lot of length, for a beginner. You didn't have to cut any perm off? You're looking good. It takes abut 3 weeks for the locking to start. If you can, avoid cotton scarves and pillow cases.

*doing a happy dance for you*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 4
M Black Women 5
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: