Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

No, never. Just kinda figured he liked the style. :lol:

My Interview With Don King: Tell me, what's with the hair, dude?

AN INTERVIEW WITH DON KING (MARCH, 1984)

Me: What's with the hair?

DK: I went to bed one evening and my hair was kinky, the way that most black folk's is. The next morning it was standing straight up, au natural, an aura from God. I feel that my hair is the symbol of courage and righteousness, performance and dignity. I feel that I have been anointed to go out and to persevere and to fight in the wilderness. You know what I mean? To try to help others that are less fortunate than myself. This great land of ours is in the tradition of a pioneer and a trailblazer. To be a pioneer and a trailblazer you must be able to deal with whatever unforeseen contingencies arise. What may jump from behind a tree or what may crawl from under a rock. That I am doing. I feel that as long as my hair stands up straight on my head the strength and aura from God is upon me and I shall continue to move mountains. In the Bible it says that if you have the faith of the grain of a mustard seed nothing shall be impossible unto you. You can go tell yonder mountain to be removed, and hence in the twinkling of an eye, the mountain will be removed. I have been removing obstacles, mountains, impediments all the time because God is with me. Otherwise, how could I - -only in America could a Don King happen -- how could I, a poor black boy from the ghetto, rise to the ascendency of premier promoter in the world and meet with kings, queens, dictators, chiefs of state, shahs, and presidents.So it gives me a great feeling of achievement and accomplishment, and I know that I couldn't have done it by myself. So my magic lies in my people-ties and as long as I don't allow my vanity and my ego to possess me, my star shall continue to ascend to the heavens. But the day that I allow my vanity to tell me that the world is centered around me, that is the day that my star will cascade to the earth precipitously with a loud clamor and there will be no more Don King."

Read more
http://www.thesweetscience.com/foru...th-Don-King-Tell-me-what-s-with-the-hair-dude

Im actually in the market for a permanent hair maintenance and been mulling it over between sistalocs and loc. Im going to check out her website.

Some things to consider....

Sisterlocks are more expensive. They are a lot smaller, so you can style them in more ways. Sisterlock Consultants must be certified. That includes a training program and a internship type deal, too, IIRC. Sisterlocks are created by using a tool that is similar to a crochet hook. Instead of naturally locking, the hook is used to make a series of slip knots. This means you don't go through the process/journey of locking... you get instant locks.

Because Dr. JoAnne Cornwell patented Sisterlocks, only a certified consultant is legally allowed to do Sisterlocks. Depending on where you live, you may or may not, find a Sister lock Consultant nearby, or you might not have as many choices as you would if you chose palm rolled locks.

Some things to consider....

Sisterlocks are more expensive. They are a lot smaller, so you can style them in more ways. Sisterlock Consultants must be certified. That includes a training program and a internship type deal, too, IIRC. Sisterlocks are created by using a tool that is similar to a crochet hook. Instead of naturally locking, the hook is used to make a series of slip knots. This means you don't go through the process/journey of locking... you get instant locks.

Because Dr. JoAnne Cornwell patented Sisterlocks, only a certified consultant is legally allowed to do Sisterlocks. Depending on where you live, you may or may not, find a Sister lock Consultant nearby, or you might not have as many choices as you would if you chose palm rolled locks.

Yes this is very true, Im willing to hustle a little harder for me. I looked and there are 2 within 1 hour drive. I have questions so Im getting a consultation.
Thanks you are very informative :book: