Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I cut mine every summer, right above my butt. I always have to fight everybody, because no one wants me to cut them. When I went to see Bunny Wailer perform, I was amazed... his dreads were down to his knees. I have been dreaded for 23 years. I m sure mine would be at least that long if I never cut them, but they would drive me crazy.

I started palm roll. That is my preference. But for about a year and a half, we moved back to Cali.... because my aunt is a certified sister lock consultant, and she did my hair for free, I let her do her thing during that time. Then I went back to the palm roll. I believe there is something about the journey. And, there is something amazing about the natural spiraling of our hair and how it mimics nature.
[/QUOTE]

During the summer I would cut my locs just below my shoulders, in a bob-longer in the back, long enough for a pony tail. The heat was just to much for me. I didn't cut this summer. When they're shorter I can get the styles I like.

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Black women's hair is magical.
According to the theory BM have "magical" hair, too. Yu know who I thought about the first time I read about this? Don King. Have you ever read/heard about why he wears his hair that way?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 4
M Black Women 5
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: