Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Sisterlocks

uplift19

Mar 6, 2006
Anyone hear ever heard of sisterlocks? If so, what's your opinion of them?

http://www.sisterlocks.com

It's a way of locking the hair through an interlocking process and maintaining it with a tool instead of gels or waxes (palm rolling). It's a style that can be used to transition from perms to natural hair too. I wondered if anyone at Destee has sisterlocks or has traditional locks and wanted to know what your thoughts are...

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
Are you pondering getting some Sisterlocks too?

I have been pondering this for the longest and then I finally decided to get some. The problem is, I keep having issues with the lockticians. One locktician told me, after she and I had made plans for my consultation to get the process going, that the Heavenly father told her that she should not do my hair because I am not ready for sisterlocks. I'm like what? Never the less, I didn't debate with her as to weather I was ready or not, after she said something like that, I was like, I don't want to fool with her.

Then the other locktician I found on the net, she gave me an appointment and told me that when I got there, she would have a client but that it would be okay for her to give me my consultation. I aksed her was she sure she would be able to see me while she was with a client, and she said yes, she was sure. I wound up arriving 30 minutes late to the appointment because I got lost. I tried calling her but she did not answer her phone. After I figured out my way to her house, I went to her door, rang the bell, she answered the door, only for her to tell me that she can not see me now because I am 30 minutes late, and she is with a client. I was like, what tha?

At this point, I am chilling out on searching for a locktician but I'm going to still get those sister locks

Astrologer4U

uplift19

Mar 6, 2006
That sounds crazy. I have heard a lot of horror stories about lockticians too so I think the best way to find one is through a referral

What area are you located in?

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm in Oakland California...

Actually the first lady who claimed that the heavenly father told her not to do my hair :qqb010: she was a referral.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
Wow, Sister Astrologer4U, your hair looks great... very healthy and full. I sooo have been trying out all kinds of natural dos. I have been natural for 2 years and 3 months... just don't wanna commit to a permanent hairstyle (locs, dreads, etc.). Anyhoo, kudos to the naturalites in the house.

:10200:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Liberty Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 34
M Black Women 5
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: