Black Women : Sisterlocks

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by mahoganyqueen, Nov 1, 2004.

1. mahoganyqueen

mahoganyqueen Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does anyone out there know more about sisterlocks? I was recently introduced to them but I still don't know enough about them. Someone please enlighten me.

2. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    sisterlocks...

Dear sister.. i too are in the process of locking my hair soon :wave: :wave: :wave: .. ive gathered much research and im pretty much ready to start my journey.. However, ill prob. start wit the the 2 strand twist method or palm rolling..

** anyway the is a lot of info on line about sista locks.. try out the official site for starters: http://www.sisterlocks.com/ any more info needed let me kno.. peace and blessing sista..

soulfulmixx
    :D

3. Ellacott

Ellacott Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the link. I've been wearing my hair in twists and am ready to move on to locs. :)

4. soulfulmixx

soulfulmixx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    sista u are so welcome... good luck on your journey to "LOC" :congrats: :toast:

funny i saw this post cuz i will offically be starting my locs on the 17th... my loctician asked if i was going to sister loc or not .. i opted out.. i want traditional med locs-- thats where my spirit feels led.. im excited...and i'm ready to start my journey as well.. i applaud u for going natural and going against what society says is beautiful..
    if u need other links esp sista loc links or maintance links let a sista know and post a pic if u like i would love to see your beautiful starter locs

peace

soulfulmix:hearts4:

5. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Oh my gosh... :luvv:

Those sistah locs are so beautiful... I think I want some...
    but i want them for the right reason... not just as a fashion statement...
    so i guess i gotta work on that first...

Much Peace
    And thanks for the info sistahs !
    Akilah :spinstar:

6. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    I been in the natural for with the twist thing for almost 2 years now and I sho do like it honey. :jump: I wouldn't be doing the chemical thingy anymore.
    I have developed such a great pride and love of my natural hair that I didn't have before. Gosh, I dare say that my personality even changed to one of more confidence and "take me as I am" or don't take me at all type. I think I:rolleyes: rather like dat honey. But rather we be in chemicals, wigs or dreds...we be some hot sistahs...don't you thinks. :)