Black Short Stories : SISTER TO SISTER

MRS. LADY

BANNED
Dec 3, 2007
everywhere and nowhere
Occupation
to seek truth
Have you ever noticed that in every song, story and poem that we write love seems a tragedy. Tragic! I mean, why is that? For me, I guess I was so busy gazing into his eyes. Call him Maduza, cause I turned to stone! Tragic! It was love only because it was the only definition I had ever explored. I mean I cooked, cleaned, loved, worked and gave. I washed his feet! To me, I was showing him the greatest respect. To him, a mere pedicure. Tragic! And I realized, how could he understand? His feet weren't tierd. He hadn't worked all day. He was busy though, consuming. And I had somehow got consumed. Tragic!

Finally, I looked in the other direction, mirror even. I wondered how I had lost sight of myself in him. One and one never did equal one. I missed myself. So I went and I got a pedicure. My feet were tierd, and I deserved it. He hadn't taken the time to ever appreciate me, so someone had to do it.

And after that, home to write a love letter to myself called Love Is Not Tragic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back