Sister's Only Chat : Sister SpotLight ... Sister Watz!

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Destee, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: Sister Watz is in the SpotLight :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Please Join Me In Giving Her Some Well Deserved Love!

:luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv:​

Now for those of you who don't know, Sister Watz is not one who will just put herself in the spotlight. She's often very quiet, moving around doing what she enjoys doing here, and rarely making noise. Ohhhhhh but if she starts making some noise ... look out!!! ... :wink: :)

Sister Watz has been a Member of the community for many years, and has given lots of Members love, oftentimes posting to all new poets, just to help them know they are welcome and to encourage their writing. She's also shared quite a bit in the discussion forums, but not nearly as much as i'd like, because she has some wisdom and knowledge that she's holding out on ... but that's okay ... because you can still get peeks and glimpses of it, just by being in her company in chat, reading her poetry, and simply watching the example she sets for us all.

This whole idea ... Sister SpotLight ... is Sister Watz' idea, and originally she had told me to to give her the next person's name and she'd create the thread. But then last night, she said she changed her mind, as it is better if the outgoing person picks the next person and creates the thread for them. I was sooooo glad to see her say this, because i had already chosen her, and i don't think she would have said all of this wonderful stuff about herself, if she had to create the thread! :)

One thing that has always stood out in my mind about Sister Watz, that i know, that very few others know ... and it's her sacrifice to this community. I'm a single Mother, like our Beloved Sister Watz, and with children ... i'm very well aware of the struggles involved in being responsible for such a great task. There is always something that we need to do, or buy, as Mothers. There's rarely enough of everything. But no matter this, Sister Watz has continually given her financial support to this community. Every month that i've received her ten dollars, i've always been so moved, because i know the sacrifice. It's like a special blessing each and every time. For her to feel moved in her heart and Spirit to sacrifice something else, to help keep this community alive. I'm so honored. Thank You Sister Watz. You'll never truly know how much its meant to me. Sometimes i've been trying to gather together nickels and dimes, to keep things going here ... and then ... BAM!!! ... a whole ten dollars right in my face! :) That is Good and That is God! Thank You Sister.

It's one thing to talk about loving and supporting our people, it's altogether something different, to do it. Thank You Sister Watz!

In addition, Sister Watz has moved a little outside of her comfort zone and started living on the microphone for an hour or two each week ... i'm talking about Sister Chat! She was orignally suppose to co-facilitate with Sister Patrice ... thinking she'd lay in the cut, and help with the behind the scenes stuff ... but Sister Patrice hasn't been home in awhile ... and so Sister Watz just stepped right on up ... and for those of you who don't know ... Sister Watz be all on the mic for hours at a time ... leading and guiding us. She gathers together the topics, does research, and shares her own personal experiences with us, that may aid in making our own life journeys a little easier. All of this with very little hooray. Just a Sister doing what she can to help the rest of us.

I'm so honored Sister Watz ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So please ... join in with me ... and let us honor our Sister Watz !!!!

THANK YOU SISTER WATZ ... FOR EVERYTHING !!!!

WE LOVE YOU !!!!

:luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv: :luvv:​

:heart:

Destee

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
  3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    My first interaction with Sister Wat'z was in the poetry forum. Like Sister Destee says, she would always reply with love and sincerity. The very first glimspe of who Sister Wat'z is was something which has inspired admirations that will last me an eternity.

That special something was the way she handled a difficult situation. I won't go into details about it though. But there she was speaking out about it, addressing her concerns about it, and seeking resolution. Now this was something I hadn't witness a boat load of other women doing. Sister Watz did not hide behind the cut spreading rumors. And she didnot create a spectacle for all to see, she step-up, spoke out, and put it all on the table.

I loved that! I admire that! I respect that!
    And thats why and how I came to Love Sister Watz. She is a Woman of Honor, Respect, and Integrity. Who could resist such a powerful display of Self-Love all wrapped up into one Beatiful Woman.

Most certainly not I!
    Love You Sister Watz!!!!!:love:

4. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    first impressions

Hotep All...

Bless up Sister Watzinaname!!! She was the first person I had contact with here at Destee.com and that has been lasting.

Her quiet, gentle Spirit and approach to interacting with the Sister's during chat sessions is awesome, inspiring and engaging. Not withstanding all the sister's who were there that nite, Sis Watz definetly left me the impression that this was a Safe Space for giving, sharing and caring of Afreekans. :welldone: :welldone:

I must say, there have been times when I think it is time for me to "let go" of my attempts to share of myself towards the Unification and Upliftement of Afreekans by being a member of this site, yet...I think of Sister Watz and I say.....maybe it will work....maybe it is safe here...maybe what I have to offer is desired and acceptable by the family members of this site. I know I tend to come off extremely tangential in my writing and sometimes in my speaking on the mic..I overstand my challenges and the origins of those challenges..and... I sense that Sister Watz is a person who is able to be patient and non-judgemental ..that she seeks to overstand first and always finds the Useful in what has been shared. That for me is what LOVE is about...Lifting Our Valuable Energy..

Sister Watzinaname....

thank you for all you do
    thank you for being true
    thank you for working to practice what you preach and teach and
    thank you for your ability to reach......M.E.​

Oh yes...and did I mention her poetry!!!:bullseye:

St8 off the hook.... Your works tell the story of many and stimulates plenty to think, feel and motivates to action as well

:ilu: :welldone:

5. ClarKint

ClarKint Member MEMBER

Life Coach
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you

Just spreading an attitude of gratitude. :)

6. Yemoja'sGoddess

Yemoja'sGoddess Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Queen Watz,

Your spirit is so very beautiful! You have been ready and willing from the start to help me in whatever I was and am going through, which means you are universally blessed in the eyes of the Divine. I pray for you daily, and may you continue to dance the world up as the Queen that you are!

Smile and enjoy this moment in the spotlight honeybaby!

Yemoja'sGoddess

7. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    WHAT'S
    :spinstar:
    IN
    A
    NAME?

How do you put your :heart: in a name?
    when constantly...
    the name game forever change?
    We are a name to some...yet to others, we're a number,
    so I had to stop for a minute ...just to wonder.
    cause...
    What's In A Name, didn't move me from the start,
    but something inside of you...ignited my :heart:
    You're in the "SPOT-LIGHT" to us for a minute
    but...
    In my :heart: you'll always be in it!!
    see...
    If your light NEVER shine...I'd still feel the same
    which brings me to wonder...
    WHAT'S IN A NAME!!!

We have a "Sister Connection" ...stamped from the :heart:
    that no metal or steel ...could pull apart.

8. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    ^5 watz, enjoy your week of fame:spinstar:

9. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Let my voice be added to your praise!

Sister Watz, I salute you in this week of recognition, as one of the brightest lights in the Destee Community. Your pleasant spirit is felt from the forums to the chat and all areas in between. I am proud to call you my sister and glad to know that when people first come to visit, you are one of the first Family members they meet, as you make them want to stay.
    Thank you.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    W.A.T.Z.

Wonderful
    Awesome
    Terrific
    Zesty

Sista, I can never thank you enough for the love and support you have given me. For the gracious way you let Destee and GrandHustle copy off your paper in my class:D Beautiful sista, shine on!