Black People Politics : sister removes battle flag in front of SC statehouse...

A foolish move. What did she accomplish? The flag went right back up. She got arrested and could have to live with a criminal record for the rest of her life. And what if she had fallen and injured herself? There are procedures in place for removing the flag. Let's do it legally.
Dude:

Minor adjustments to what you said and you'll be ostracizing mlk for his
acts of civil disobediance, given the number of times he's been to jail
establishing a jail record.

sorry life just has to be so linear for you. on the other hand, i can't say that i'm disappointed that that is so.

is there no poetry in your soul? can you not feel the quixotic gesture? i'm sure that she was aware of all of your points, perhaps even adding the notion that she may have been shot in typically barbaric fashion. i'd further imagine that she was pleasantly surprised to be allowed to bail out!

as useless as the gesture may have been; it touched, and uplifted, the hearts of millions across this country on both sides of the tracks!! "sorry" that you missed that point. and yes, we all know the "procedures"; that's why they are happening. of course, in typical "legal" fashion, it is possible that there could come about some notion of "freedom of expression" that will find these things "legally" allowed somewhere, someway.

surprising; even linear thinkers are aware of, and generally agree with, the notion of "civil disobedience". or is this trivial snivel just a further demonstration of the uselessness of your postings?
"Civil disobedience" to me is someone fighting an unjust law by disobeying it. The woman who climbed the flagpole accomplished nothing other than getting herself arrested.

Last edited:
You have the greatest life you can sit back and criticize from
the safety of a computer screen. Stop commenting like life is
being lived in a bubble. There was a reason for her action.

Wasn't it the smartest move? No. But it was a response. Yea we
can get into active and proactive, but she did what she felt
was right. You sound like somebody that would have killed the
civil rights movement in its' tracks. "Now Martin don't go out
there and get yourself arrested, let's just do what them white
people say. But Meister they sic'n dogs on us man! I don't care
Martin, just stay obedient. lol

You talking about her hurting herself when people are getting killed.
That was her response. Again was it the smartest move no it wasn't
but sometime you have to leave it to drastic times call for......

I'm thinking what would you have said to Rosa Parks or stopped the people
who marched across that bridge in Selma. Don't cross that bridge y'all.
Let's just fit in and stay humble. lol

We've tried doing it "legally". Aren't we being killed "legally". Who has
served considerable time for the past killings of unarmed Black people?

Everything has a beginning. The response may have started a dialogue. Sometimes
in the face of negativity, a great positive is realized and recognized.
The pole climber's foolish gesture does nothing to alleviate people getting killed. One member and I have noted that she could have been injured or killed--and for what? Her 15 minutes of fame?

why did you bother to speak if you were only going to prove my position: you have no empathy for the struggles of those that don't enjoy the kool-aid that they have convinced you to breathe!

your "definition" of "civil disobedience" misses one key point: yes, the action is futile. the majority point of an act of civil disobedience is to be a "speaker for the masses". the action spoke/speaks to the heart of all of us that truly care. it is the grand gesture, an act of defiance, the "flipping of the bird".
"Civel disobedience" to me is someone fighting an unjust law by disobeying it. The woman who climbed the flagpole accomplished nothing other than getting herself arrested.
your sense of civil disobedience is also short-sighted: sometimes it's just a slap in the face to tyranny.

not surprising that you chose to speak only to this piece of what i said, given that that is, essentially, how my post described my sense of your relative "worth" of the seeming trollish nature of your every post!

truly too bad that the ignore feature doesn't work off of cookies or ip addresses. as it is, one is going to see the bile one wishes to ignore if one reads the site without logging in.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back