Black People : sister destee..a question from a problem

deepy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 4, 2003
nyc
sister destee
I signed in...went to open forumn...saw my name as a viewer (also gempis name)...wrote my new thread...went to submit same...and all of a sudden I was no longer registered...went back to previous page..saw my name as a viewer..backed up again to previous page and saw the thread i had written..tried to submit it again...and once again i was sent to "Join and Become a Premium Member)backed up one more time and saw
under viewer i see /saw my name, but there was no "welcome, deepy..you last visited, etc...i tried reregistering, but got nothing...finally closed out and came back (registering again)..
what's going on...couldn't post and lost connection too...this happened once before to me...and help or suggestions how i can keep this from happening a third time...as it is i have lost the thread i originally wrote...

Deepy
I copy my post to Microsoft Word, or just copy it so I can paste it if something like this happens. I also do this because if I am dropped by my provider for some reason. I still have my data. I have lost entries not in the same fashion. But loosing a post is frustrating I know. I have noticed my Microsoft window shuts me down lately too. It closes all of my open online pages on its own. Microsoft’s new SP2 download is full of quirky errors. I got a new one today and read some data where another online person got the same error. It says I had an INF Error. This took away the other guys restore functions. It was caused by this new Microsoft download. So far I haven't lost my restore. But the problem is still on my system where the windows close intermittently. Back up your post before you enter.

deepy said:
sister destee
I signed in...went to open forumn...saw my name as a viewer (also gempis name)...wrote my new thread...went to submit same...and all of a sudden I was no longer registered...went back to previous page..saw my name as a viewer..backed up again to previous page and saw the thread i had written..tried to submit it again...and once again i was sent to "Join and Become a Premium Member)backed up one more time and saw
under viewer i see /saw my name, but there was no "welcome, deepy..you last visited, etc...i tried reregistering, but got nothing...finally closed out and came back (registering again)..
what's going on...couldn't post and lost connection too...this happened once before to me...and help or suggestions how i can keep this from happening a third time...as it is i have lost the thread i originally wrote...

Hi Sister Deepy ... i'm sorry that you've experienced these problems, i wish i could pinpoint exactly what the problem is and tell you how to never experience it again ... but i can't.

As Brothers Pan and HODEE have said, there are a few things we can do to help insure that we don't lose an entire post / thread that we've composed. It's happened to me before and i know exactly the frustration felt when you've taken the time to compose your thoughts, only to have them gone with the click of a button!

Try these things Sister, as the Brothers have suggested:

1. Make sure that when you login, there is a checkmark in the "Remember My Password" box. This will keep you logged in throughout your visit here.

2. Make a copy of your post. If it's a really long post that i've taken the time to respond to, i'll just open up an empty email, a Notepad session, or a Word document, and post it in there first ... sometimes i actually compose it in there, depending on the topic/length of my post. Then i copy and paste it into the forum thread. If there's a problem, i'll always have a copy of what i wrote. It isn't often that i have a problem posting, but when i do, losing even one entry i've taken the time to compose can make me krazee ... so to avoid this, these added precautions are well worth it.

I'm glad to see you got back in Sister, but let us know if trying the things above will help.

Love You Sister! :love:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back