Sister's Only Chat : SISTER CHAT -- WE WANT YOU INVOLVED

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by ready2chat, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ready2chat

ready2chat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to all the sisters at Destee.com. Sister Chat is for you!
    We are seeking topics that are of interest to you. Please post your suggestions and come visit often. We can fellowship :couple: Argue :yesno: Celebrate :toast: Congratulate :welldone: Keep or tell secrets :donttell: Whatever you want to do. Let us know!!
    Let's have some fun!!!

Sister Chat is Monday nights at 8 p.m.

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Am I allowed to :hammer: somebody? ...if so, I'll be there with bells on :em0100:

3. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Sometimes..

..the topics will just be there..I like just getting together and let the chat take whatever direction it goes in. But thats me..I'll support whatever ya'll do :welldone:
    And Queen...LOL :spank:

4. ready2chat

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for your support sisters QueenT and Linda... and a special thanks to sis LD, who provided the topics for the next two classes! :grouphug:

Hope to see you there.

Monday, October 13, topic: We are developing and discussing a Top 20 List of What Every Men Should Know about Women!

Monday, October 20, topic: We are discussing the 10 things men want to know from a woman. This will be a post for men to respond to this week.

Remember sisters... Let Have Fun! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :welldone: on putting together a focused agenda. It certainly peeks my interest in the 'sister chat' initiative.

That said - I'm not too keen on the current topic, as I think this type of open ended question is answered in thousands (if not millions) of various magazines, blogs, advice columns, kitchen tables.. and answers always vary.. Brother Clyde responded to the question posted to the men with the simple answer "Truth" - and I think that about sums it up. I think that is what we want from our men too.

I think, personally.. and collectively as Black women, we first need to identify our lies... find the roots of them.. determine the value of maintaining them and understand the consequences.. and start working on changing our mindset/approach - so that we CAN be truthful - and not be responding to men's wants/expectations particularily when they, more often than not, cause us to lie :lol: (this applies to men too.. but it's a womans group after all..) Understanding why things happen and understanding what keeps things going.. are different.

am I making sense? :?:

Again - I love the idea and I will be there in full support as I sincerely appreciate you stepping up - who knows where it will lead? :) I will be there for the main reason that I recognize now, more than ever, that everything is a process and it takes all parts of the sum to make it work.

It was Sister True's radio blog that really struck me.. I recall when she started the video posts.. commenting in threads via youtube. I recall when she she would come on cam and mic in class and get her words in.. I havent listened to her work for months.. until yesterday.. and my word - what a difference! I regret not having been part of that development. smh. So.. again.. I'll be there (Good lord willing and creek dont rise)

:love:
    Zulile

6. ready2chat

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +5
    I did not mean to start a discussion thread about tomorrow's topic cause we gonna be all talked out if we start now. Let's save the discussion for Monday at 8 p.m. in the chat room...

This was meant to be an announcement.

However, all suggestions for future topics are welcome as a thread.

7. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I hear you, ready :heart: My intent wasn't to derail the purpose of live chat on the topic and I apologize if that's how it came across - I wasnt looking to open dialogue on this topic within this thread. perhaps it's a new topic all by itself - actually - it's closer to a process that needs to be tackled bits at a time to be real.

My comments expressed my skepticism on the overall purpose of the topic as it was posted - the top 10 things men want - but it also expressed my eagerness to partake :) My thoughts are are not exclusive of each other.

Til Monday, Sisters
    :love:
    Zulile

8. LovesDestiny

LovesDestiny Well-Known Member MEMBER

Finance & Endless Possibilities
    Ratings:
    +18
    That tickled meeeeeeeee!

I hear and understand what you are saying and it will come together.

Looking forward to Monday night...and great job Sis. Ready!

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    :hearthis:Calling tha Sisters

Let's make this happen!!! ...we need this space once a week to just let our hair down, shoot... or whatever we want to do, cause we got it like that.
    Looking forward to seeing you all there :toasts:

10. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    ***Greetings beautiful sistahs of destee!***

I would love to be a part of this womens chat, and I like the ideas that are up for discussion. This will be my first chat, and I am excited about learning, growing, and sharing with all of you.

:SuN006: