Sister's Only Chat : SISTER CHAT: Tuesday, March 9, 2004, 8pm, EST, Voice Chat Classroom

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, Mar 9, 2004.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Calling all sisters :wave: to come join us in our weekly voice chat for SISTERS ONLY! Tonight is the night where we will actually:

"Relax and Release"

That's right! Tonight there won't be a specific topic to discuss, just anything on our sister's minds that they want to let go of and release into the universe among the comfort and safety of each other's company.

Tonight is communal "therapy" night. We're going to talk about anything and everything under the sun (in our case the moon.) :spinn: The only preparation you will need is to find whatever works for you to help you relax . . . aromatherapy candles or oils, healing crystals, prayer book or empowering affirmations, herbal teas, etc., and have it handy at your computer :geek: while we chat. Oh, and don't forget the kleenex sisters because we're bound to touch deep within us as we let go of thoughts that lay heavy on our minds and our hearts.

Do you think you can handle it? It's okay if you're not ready to share. Come anyway and lend your support to those who are and feel the need to. We need each other. :grouphug:

We'll have plenty of laughs :lol: and maybe a few cries :cry: and before the night is over, I'm sure we will have helped each other more than we'll ever realize. :love:

See you tonight Sisters! :toast:

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    If you weren't there, you missed a great discussion. Sorry, I can't reveal any of the details because it was one of those discussions that should remain confidential among those that were present. But I have to say, it's times like that when I'm reminded of how genuinely compassionate and wise Black women are. Colorful, diverse, serious, funny...it doesn't matter. We can take a topic--any topic--and turn it into a great discussion and leave feeling satisfied and full of energy.

The rich voices revealing vibrant personalities is amazing. From southern drawl to midwest twang to just plain country sounding--it doesn't matter we're cool like that! :grouphug: Black women coming together from across the country to gather around a topic and have some serious discussion and fun at the same time--who would have ever thought this would be possible and a success at that? The energy is boundless :hot: and the sense of humor...well, let me just say that the Queens of Comedy ain't got nuthin' on Sister Triniti and Sister Nita! :lol: Triniti hoggin' the mic and Nita typing all kinds of stuff in text, keep us rolling! I'm the only one in the room that's quiet! :coffee: And, one of THE BEST DJ's on the planet, much less the internet is our very own sister, MizBlackAngel. This sister has a music list that is addictive in a very good way!

Adding to the richness of our interactions is the age differences among us. From teens to grandmothers and everything in between, it's quite an experience. Single, married, it doesn't matter. We get booted, we come back. A mic may not work, we try and fix it (and cross our fingers when Triniti gives advice). :peace: Some type and can't spell, that's okay 'cause we know what they mean. :lol: Brotha's claim they're lost and come in, we kick them out--it's done all in the name of love! :flirt:

And speaking of our brothers, that's the highlight of every Tuesday evening. When our sessions end at 10pm, sisters skip over to where the brothers are meeting and we share information, laugh, listen to music and have a good time. Brothers are always excited to see us come and curious about what we discuss in our meetings. I'm not sure what they talk about though. Brother Manasia C tried to explain it to us last night, but he stuttered and stammered so much, we still didn't get a clear understanding. It had something to do with sports, I believe! :martian: But the brothers are definitely worth coming in to listen to on the mic. Brothers HODEE, Python, Alkebulan, Monetary, Khasm and others are deep!

Anyway, it's a great time that we have in Sister Chat and we INVITE ALL SISTERS to come join us! Make sure you check out next week's topic for discussion and we look forward to seeing you there!

Peace and blessings,
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Ummm sista...I only take the mic erry now and then but I'm gon move ova b4 that lightning bolt gets us ALL
    QQ
    :lol:

4. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    Some type and can't spell, that's okay 'cause we know what they mean.

dannggg, who can't spell...lol...foreal though that sistah chat was on bump..i think we talked about some very deep issues and i can't wait for the next one,
    :heart:
    -story

5. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sister NN...
    Sister chat does have it goin on..... :hot:
    I really enjoy myself.We sisters come 2gether to share wisdom,knowledge and you can also get your nails done by sister NN, but her Chinese aint that good tho...lol...
    Sister chat is off the chain...it's so good that every week, some mens...I WILL :confused: not call names..lQQkin...lol..try to come in with cheap wigs,fishnet stockins and heels on to try to fool us to peep out our knowledge...lol
    but he aint foolin Nooobody....next time....shave your goatee...lol..then we might be fooled...smh
    :eek: I jus want to add..."I" am the quiet one in chat.. :look: *crossing fingers*.QQ..*and eyes*.QQ..*and legs*...lol
    As far as Brother chat, I heard (..lQQking) it's very nice as well. I hear they have a big screen television...lol...a bar...lol and top less waitresses...that's jus what I heard.....lol...
    Naw...I hear brother chat is very nice as well. We do have some very outstanding and fine bruthas who bring it as well.I'm proud of them all..well...most of them anyway...hehehe

The only way to be sure is to come in and find out for yourself :wink:
    then you'll see, our family has it goin on :grouphug:
    Nita :heart:

6. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yes my sisters we do love when you and the rest of the sisters come into our world after class.... :flirt:
    It gives us a chance to discuss our meetings with eachother. :D
    Now, rember 9:58pm is not the time to bust up into the "upper room".....LOL
    :spank:
    We need time to bring the testosterone levels back down from our meetings... plus ya estrogen be kicking like a #%*&%#@$#%&*# :D

7. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    rofl

@ the Up'pa roooom...when Jeeeeesus.....lol...lol :jumping: Python...you wild bro...smh
    and we love you guys too...we have some Amazing Bruthas jus doing the dang thang...4 real.
    I'm very proud of our men in here. :)