Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat Recap 6/11/07

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by watzinaname, Jun 13, 2007.

1. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    What a great Sister Chat we had, we shared so many thoughts and experiences. In learning more about dreams and astral projection I referred to the following 2 websites:Think Quest, http://library.thinkquest.org/11189/gather/nfintro.htm , and Course on Consciousness, http://www.geocities.com/lucidmetro/coursetable.htm . Both sites are highly informative, and I particularly recommend checking out the latter site which is an actual course on various states of consciousness.

Here is a recap of what was discussed:

Electrical Fields
    Our body produces and holds electrical fields. The Aura is a common term to address this natural field around the body.
    To observe this energy field, place your hand in front of a black background with very little light, approximately one foot away from your face. While slowly moving your hand up and down, Observe the fingertips, and observe one inch past the fingertip. If you can see the small, grey beam then you seeing this energy field.

Out of Body Experiences
    The astral body is an energy that surrounds our body, but during an out of body experience, or an OOBE, it separates from the body, although it does not disconnect. If the astral body is totally disconnected from the physical body, this is what we know as, death.
    An OOBE is similar to lucid dreaming only in the fact that consciousness is present. It is not uncommon to see the body, as we drift upward and out of it, sleeping upon the bed.
    A person experiencing an OOBE will sometimes hear a loud roar, described as the sound of a speeding train. The body is still connected by a thin line of astral matter, so the mind senses this as "sound." What is happening is that as the astral body lifts from the physical, the energy level is raised suddenly. Once the astral body reaches this higher energy frequency, the sound disappears, and through the sensations of speed, we experience vivid sound and vision.

How our Bodies Feel During an OOBE
    One body is like a mold of our current physical form. This body has some of the dream qualities we have in a lucid dream, it's affected mildly by gravity and tends to have limited range.
    There is another body which has no form. This body is more a state of pure consciousness and really doesn't require any spatial form. We can move to higher layers of consciousness in this body.

Layers in an OOBE
    The layers vary depending on where you are in the nonphysical territories. The higher up you go the more outside of time and space you become.
    We exist in both past, present and future. Not only just in these three states, but in a variety of physical, and non-physical layers. For example you can find yourself a layer that is dream oriented, or not related to a dream at all.

When you first experience an OOBE
    If you feel the shift out of the body, stand up, look at your body and observe the room. Do not go anywhere. Focus on yourself. Be aware that you are what you see yourself to be. Stand and pull your past, your present, and your future you to your center. If after this you still remain out of body, you can attempt to do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
    Just as we can have a shared dream with someone, we can connect with people in an out of body state who are also out of body.

If you do phase out of the OOBE, you may be frightened to find that you're not in your room, or you no longer see yourself in your bed. Sometimes the shift can cause you to be in a layer that is dream orientated. We are more familiar with dreaming, so the shift can cause you to be in a dream oriented layer. Try to calmly remind yourself of your intent, that you're trying to connect with your "total self." Then ask yourself aloud, or mentally to show you your body.
    ****** ​
    The sisters were quite talkative last night. One sister shared that she has often had an OOBE, and that she has seen herself laying on her own bed. This sister is keenly aware of both her physical and spiritual self.
    Another sister wanted to know what the difference is between a near death experience, and an OOBE. Typically in an OOBE, our physical state is free from illness. But the 2 experiences share similar levels of consciousness. She also shared an experience that seemed as though she was having an OOBE, and she shifted back into a dream layer.
    An OOBE, where a sister recalled she heard a thunderous noise, and went through a tunnel of light moments before her mother passed, was also discussed.

Thank you sisters, for sharing and bonding!

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Wow!

You really went deep with this. You've provided some insightful details. Details I've experienced but didn't know exactly how to explain. Great Presentation Sister Watz!:great:

That last site is really good. I saved it in my favorites and plan on buying a voice recorder too. I always get side tracked when needing to write my experiences down. This will enable me to save much time and provide an easier method for output.

Thank you again Sister Watz! Have yall consider doing a group project with the free course?

:heart:

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Thank you Purple. Yes, the Course on Consciousness is a great site. When I first viewed that site, I considered a possible group project, but I wasn't sure how many would want to commit to something so extensive. So, I decided I would discuss some of the information from the course, and provide the sisters with the site link during Sister Chat. It is something to consider though, Sister Purple. :)