Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, March 26, 2007. 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Classroom

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by watzinaname, Mar 24, 2007.

1. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Oct 4, 2003
    Sister Chat
    Monday, March 26, 2007
    8PM to 10PM EST
    Voice Chat Classroom
    (Sisters Only!)
    Topic: Sisterhood​

Sisters, I would like to thank all of you who have taken the time to attend our chats thus far. :welldone: We are building with each other, and bonding, and need to continue. And so, this week's chat topic shall once again be, Sisterhood. I summarized our last chat in the Sister Chat announcement thread for 3/19/07, but it bears repeating here.
    At our last Sister Chat we got as far as answering the first 3 of our discussion questions. The answers that our sisters gave were beyond beautiful. :bowdown: We were unable to get a log of our chat. The synopsis that I'll give here pales in comparison but, for summary sake, here goes...

1. What does sisterhood mean to you?
    Some of the responses were that sisterhood is: A strong bond, a connection we've had since the Motherland, a relationship wherein we can just be ourselves without the mask, something that we as Black women share without even realizing it sometimes.

2. How important is it that we bond as sisters at
    The general consensus was that it was definitely important, having found a bond here that is lacking elsewhere. This website has become a haven of sorts. A home away from home, a place where we can breathe. However, even with that being the case, it takes a while to build trust. Trust takes time, and we just have to build on that with each step we take. Let's consider Sister Chat to be a step in the right direction.

3. Have you felt a sense of sisterhood here? Elaborate.
    Examples were given of how other members have reached out to help in times of need, and how much that assistance was appreciated. A point was made that we shouldn't wait until times of crisis to bond. And that perhaps, if that bond was firmly in place, the crisis may not have gotten to the point of becoming unmanageable.

As has become the norm, I have some questions for us to think about, in addition to the questions we didn't get to, for this week's Sister Chat:

1. Thinking about the sister friends you have had, what is it that caused you to become friends? How do you maintain that friendship?

2. Of course we love our brothers. But, what are the unique gifts that another sister can bring to your life?

3. Those who have participated in Sister Chat have piqued my interest in some way. So I will have some questions for you, that you'll have to come to chat to find out. :zipit:

And the previous 2 questions that we haven't yet discussed...
    4. Looking ahead, in addition to our weekly chats, would you like to join together in any other endeavors?

5. What chat topics would you like to discuss in the future? :idea:

Hope to see you there!
    Sister Chat
    Monday, March 26, 2007
    8PM to 10PM EST
    Voice Chat Classroom
    Topic: Sisterhood

Peace! :)