Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday March 19, 2007. 8PM to 10PM EST, VoiceChat Classroom

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by watzinaname, Mar 17, 2007.

1. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Sister Chat
    Monday, March 19, 2007
    8PM to 10PM EST
    Voice Chat Classroom
    (Sisters Only!)
    Topic: Sisterhood​

Greetings!

I'd like to thank all the sisters who have participated in Sister Chat. Recapping our chat topics thus far, we began by uplifting ourselves in sisterly praise, then we talked about various health related issues: Breast Cancer, Cleansing, Depression, and Stress Management. Other than becoming better informed about the aforementioned topics, our coming together has also afforded us a chance to see different sides of one another. It has also allowed us to bond. As sisters, there's much that we share.
    So, at this point, I would like to talk about Sisterhood at Destee.com. Let's think about, and be ready to discuss:
    1.What does sisterhood mean to you?
    2.How important is it that we bond as sisters at Destee.com?
    3.Have you felt a sense of sisterhood here? Elaborate.
    4.Looking ahead, in addition to our weekly chats, would you like to join together in any other endeavors?
    5.What chat topics would you like to discuss in the future?

Hope to see you there!
    Sister Chat
    Monday, March 19, 2007
    8PM to 10PM EST
    Voice Chat Classroom
    Topic: Sisterhood

Peace!
    "Watz"

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    hmmmmm ...those 5 questions ...got me thinking:thinking:
    wow, good questions Watz.
    Yeah, what is our journey in this? because as quiet as it's kept...we was/is/are the leaders of the Universe!!
    Watz, I want to commend you on a :terrific: job you're doing...such as, making us
    :thinking:
    with OUR brilliant selfs.:dance:

3. watzinaname

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Queentswana, I want to thank you for your kind words, goodness knows you have provided great support in facilitating Sister Chat. :thanks:
    Let's see where our answers to these questions lead us. With our "brilliant selves":teach: , I'm thinking that our destination will be somewhere devine. :angel1: Looking forward to tonight's chat!

4. watzinaname

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Greetings!

I'd like to thank all the sisters who attended Sister Chat last night. We got as far as answering the first 3 discussion questions. The answers that our sisters gave were beyond beautiful. We were unable to get a log of our chat. The synopsis that I'll give here pales in comparison but, for summary sake, here goes...
    1. What does sisterhood mean to you?
    Some of the responses were that sisterhood is: A strong bond, a connection we've had since the Motherland, a relationship wherein we can just be ourselves without the mask, something that we as Black women share without even realizing it sometimes.
    2. How important is it that we bond as sisters at Destee.com?
    The general consensus was that it was definitely important, having found a bond here that is lacking elsewhere. This website has become a haven of sorts. A home away from home, a place where we can breathe. However, even with that being the case, it takes a while to build trust. Trust takes time, and we just have to build on that with each step we take. Let's consider Sister Chat to be a step in the right direction.
    3. Have you felt a sense of sisterhood here? Elaborate.
    Examples were given of how other members have reached out to help in times of need, and how much that assistance was appreciated. A point was made that we shouldn't wait until times of crisis to bond. And that perhaps, if that bond was firmly in place, the crisis may not have gotten to the point of becoming unmanageable.

Our last two questions, which had to do with possible goals outside of Sister Chat, and additional chat topics, will be discussed during next week's chat.

Well sisters, let's continue to move forward. I'm looking forward to our onward progression. :) :wave: