Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat - Healing and Building - 8 pm ET - All This Week

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello My Sisters,

I created this new thread to announce our "Healing and Building Sister Chat" which we'll begin tonight @ 8 pm ET, and continue every night this week at the same time. We are holding it Monday-Friday this week, to give all the Sisters a chance to come in, share their views, and help us lay the foundation on how we'll proceed. We won't be meeting every weeknight, just this initial week, so we can determine a regular day, time, topics, etc.

In addition to the above, this week's topic will be "Children Having Children." We can discuss ways to help our young ladies stay focused on themselves and their own goals, so they might not be a "Child Having a Child." If there are some young ladies that are already Mothers, we can help encourage them, give them tips on how to stay positive, focused and be the best Mothers they can! We have lots we can discuss!

We've all read the posts and heard the talk about how us Sisters can't come together, how we can't get along, how we can't work together for our common good, how we can't sincerely love each other ... let us dispel these myths and just do the dadgum thang!!! :)

Below is my post in Sister Regina's thread, "Children Having Children," that started it all! Thank you again Regina for caring about our youth and being willing to share your wisdom and insight with our young ladies! Shoot ... i'm thinking our young ladies could teach me a thing or two ... like ... why exactly is wearing a thong more appealing than just plain ol' panties!!! :) C'mon young ladies ... yall gonna hafta help me understand this stuff! :wink:

Anyway ... below is my post to Regina's original thread. Please feel free to add on as much as you'd like. Hope to see you tonight and every night this week @ 8 pm ET.

Click Here To Enter Chat >>> www.destee.com/chat
We will be meeting in the CLASSES chat room

:heart:

Destee

ps ... Our Brothers are welcome to join us in this chat if they can sit in quietly and just listen. This chat is for, by, and about Sisters and we'd like that to remain the focus. This will be Sisters giving advice, suggestions, and encouragement to each other. Brothers, please know that you all are welcome to start a chat to help encourage, empower, and uplift each other. To the elder Brothers in the Family, i'm sure there are many younger Brothers that would truly appreciate such a chat. Not all of our young men have elder males to get guidance from. If you do start a chat we'll respect the fact that it is for Brothers and if we join in, it will be only to sit and listen quietly. This is all about US !!!! ... ALL OF US !!!! :)

@@@@@@@ My Post From Regina's Original Thread @@@@@@@

Ohhhhhhhhh Boy !!! :jumping: I'm soooooo excited !!!! :jumping:

Wow ... this is what it's all about!!! Regina can you join us in voice chat tonight, let's say about 8 pm ET? We have 2 chat rooms once you login to voice chat and we'll be meeting in the CLASSES chat room. No special equipment is required. It's good if you have speakers (so you can hear what's being said on the mic) and if you have a microphone (if you'd like to be speaking and Sister Regina, we want you speaking!). If you don't have these things that's okay, because everyone can participate by reading and typing text.

I'd like to invite any and all Sisters that want to join us as we begin the building and healing process! Wow!!!! This is beautiful!!! We have so much to offer each other ... i can hardly wait! I'm so excited!! Just think ... our coming together, to encourage and talk to each other may possibly keep one young lady from making a "not-so-wise" decision!!! WoW!!! Okay ... let me breathe !!! :)

Okay ... to enter chat just visit this URL: www.destee.com/chat
From there, all you have to do is enter your Username. Please try to get in before 8 pm ET so we can work out any bugs ahead of time. If you do have problems, just post them here and we'll try to walk you through them!!!

Wow ... C'mon My Sisters ... Let's Do This!!! :)

Regina ... will you be able to log in tonight @ 8 pm ET?

Destee

Great Sister Legacy ... enjoyed you last night and will be looking for you tonight too ... Thanks!!! :)

Oohhh Sister Regina ... so sorry you had difficulty. That's why i decided to have this initial Sister Chat all week. To give everyone a chance to get in and stuff. There are many that have never been into voice chat. If i can be of assistance in regard to the difficulty you're having, just post a note in here and i'll try to walk you through any problems you might encounter.

So looking forward to our building together.

I do want to encourage our young Sisters to join us too and of course our Brothers are welcome as well.

See you all tonight.

Destee

What a Beautiful Experience

I'm so excited I just had to post this message before I went to bed. :)

I just left "Sister Chat" and what a beautiful experience with my sisters and a few of my brothers. Destee was true to her word--a time for sisters to meet to share conversation with each other; brothers sitting quietly and watching. But our brothers will have their opportunity to do the same as well. :D

We had a 2-hour discussion on "Children Having Children" and the ideas conveyed and exchange was truly a prime example of how intelligent, compassionate and gifted we are as a people. The respect for each other's opinions was heartfelt.

Sisters expressed a universal concern for our girls that are having sex at such young ages and for many, all the wrong reasons. Our concern is that they are not nearly ready to not only have sex, but to take on any major responsibility for having and raising children. We recognize too the many pathetic reasons why some of our young girls are having sex, and many times, with much older men. We overwhelmingly agreed, that it's important and time to start connecting with our daughters and teaching them so that they can avoid many of the pitfalls in life, such as this.

As part of our teaching responsibilities, we should make sure that our young sisters are taught how to respect themselves, love themselves and not beat up on themselves when they make mistakes. True mistakes happen, but many can be avoided if you just use your head and exercise self-discipline.

Also, older sisters need to make sure they are not being hypocrits by teaching young sisters how to behave while they are doing the exact opposite. So we must make sure that we are leading by example and not just word of mouth.

Are young girls searching for father figures when they enter sexual relationships early in life? Some of us tonight thought so. Are our young sisters able to go to their mothers to talk about sex without holding their heads in shame or being preached at? Some of us tonight didn't think that many mothers are supportive enough of their daughters.

How are our young sisters learning about relationships with men and sex? All of us agreed that today's media is a great contributor to what our children are learning about sex and sexual relationships and parents need to speak up and out if they don't like it and then do something to change the situation.

Real candid discussion by real people that care. That's what took place tonight. If you weren't there, you missed a great opportunity. But you will have another chance....every evening the remainder of this week...sisters will meet in Voice Chat at 8pm EDT for another great discussion.

I'll be there and I hope you will too! :)

Peace :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back