Black Spirituality Religion : Sister Amazon

Sister,

Have you thought about working with St. Martha? Oh, yeah, I heard Houngan Hector was in the UK recently. I haven't heard anything bad about him. From what I hear, he is a **** good houngan.

Black/bird

Blackbird,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you.

Until yesterday, I had never heard of St. Martha and it was only in passing that a good friend of mine mentioned her name. Is there any particular reason you ask?

Houngan Hector has not yet been, but will be coming over next month. He has three workshops around the country and fortunately, one of them will be in London. Below is the flyer advertising his workshops. I still don't know if I will attend. With such events, I usually tend to stand out as the token black person, much to the chagrin of white folks lol.

About Houngan Hector
Hector is a fully initiated Houngan Asogwe (the highest rank of Haitian Vodou priest), and leads the Sosyete Gade nou Leve ('Watch us Rise' Society) in New Jersey, USA. He has been working with the spirits since early childhood and is dedicated to providing authentic and accurate information and initiation into the beautiful traditions of Haitian Vodou, 21 Divisions, Sanse and more!

In September 2008 Hector is traveling to the UK (Cardiff/Bristol/London) to provide workshops in 'Vodou 101', 'Vodou Magic', 'Haitian Vodou' and 'Serving the Rada Lwa' - none of which should be missed! He will also be available for consultations and spiritual baths at that time. Places are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. You can find out more about Houngan Hector at his website: ezilikonnen.com. To book a place or obtain further info, e-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)1446 774181 between the hours of 12-3pm! A Booking Form is attached.

Workshops & Events with Houngan Hector
Monday 15th - Saturday 20th September 2008

LONDON EVENTS
Monday, 15th September: HAITIAN VODOU WORKSHOP (2-5pm)
This workshop will comprise elements of Hector's other workshops, including an introduction to Vodou, the magic of Vodou and the lwa (spirits/gods/angels). It will take place above a well-known esoteric shop in the heart of London, Covent Garden and is absolutely not to be missed! Cost of workshop is £40 in advance (£45 after 31st August), full details to be disclosed upon booking. On the same date Houngan Hector will also be available for baths and private consultations; these must be pre-booked. E-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk for more.

CARDIFF EVENTS
Thursday, 18th September: VODOU 101 WORKSHOP (6-9pm)
This workshop is suitable for anyone, not just beginners, who wants to find out more about the beautiful and magical tradition of Vodou, its history, roots, ceremonies, beliefs and practices, and of course the lwa, the spirits or ‘angels’ of Vodou! It will take place in a central Cardiff location, easily accessible to Cardiff Central Station and Queen's Street Station. Cost of workshop is £35 in advance (£40 after 31st August), full details to be disclosed upon booking. E-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk for more.

BRISTOL EVENTS
Tuesday, 16th September: PAGAN MOOT VODOU TALK (from 8pm)
This informal event is a great opportunity to meet Hector and learn more about the beautiful and often misunderstood tradition of Vodou! The talk will begin around 8pm Pagan time, and the venue is situated close to Broadmead shopping centre. This event is hosted by the Bristol Open Circle Moot. E-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk or contact the Moot for details.

Saturday, 20th September: VODOU MAGIC WORKSHOP (10am-1pm)
The magic (or magick) of Vodou is one of its most compelling - and also most feared - elements. In this workshop, Hector will introduce us to the theory and practice of Vodou magick. The workshop takes place in a wonderful venue in central Bristol close to the shops and cafes, with easy access to Bristol Temple Meads. Cost of workshop is £35 in advance (£40 after 31st August), full details to be disclosed upon booking. On the same date Houngan Hector will also be available for baths and private consultations; these must be pre-booked. E-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk for more.

Saturday, 20th September: SERVING THE RADA LWA WORKSHOP (2-6pm)
The Rada lwa are the ‘cool’ family of spirits originating from Dahomey in Africa. They include the beautiful mermaid lwa La Siren, the snake lwa Danballah and the beloved spirit of love and beauty, Erzulie Freda. In this workshop Houngan Hector will teach us ways of serving the Rada family, from offerings to altars. The workshop with conclude with an authentic Vodou service! The workshop takes place in a wonderful venue in central Bristol close to the shops and cafes, with easy access to Bristol Temple Meads. Cost of workshop is £35 in advance (£40 after 31st August), full details to be disclosed upon booking. On the same date Houngan Hector will also be available for baths and private consultations; these must be pre-booked. E-mail sophia@baronsmagic.co.uk for more.

Peace,
Amazon1979

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back